Jeff Fisher's Standing Ovation...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NashVillian

NashVillian Practice Squad

To get them to the Super Bowl guess he didnt have ANYTHING todo with that right. If you take out the six year run for 1987 to 1993 when the Franchise had a Hall of Fame QB fall into their lap its been pretty much garbage. Look i am not saying he didnt overstay here in Nashville, but the franchise kept him. Got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them.

You cant blame that on him what was he supposed todo fire himself? Trust me I am not some huge Jeff Fisher fan luke warm to him at best, but he should have been let go after the 2005 season.

Oh ya and one hand tied behind his back...

Floyd Reese: Fearing Al Davis, Bud Adams wanted to trade up with New Orleans for Vince Young | ProFootballTalk

[​IMG]

2. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Good point.

It is fair to blame Vince Young for Fisher being the coach longer than he should have.

He did save his job, TWICE.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

VY is Fish having his hands tied??

.... Jeff Fisher wanted Matt Lienart. And as mentioned above- VY saved Fisher a couple of times.

So no.

And the Super Bowl, he fluked his way into with a "miracle".

4. NashVillian

I was actually talking about the fact that Bud Adams influenced that decision to pick Young and pushed that headcase on Fisher. To be fair i did also say he should have been fired after the 2005 season...

And dont use Vince Young as the answer to any questionabout the Titans unless its...Whose the dumbest ass player in the history of the Titans.

5. NashVillian

They would have been better off with either Leinart or Cutler honestly.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... they would have been better of with Lienart???

Lienart that never did anything? Don't be ridiculous. At least VY played and had a few decent showings.

7. NashVillian

As far as franchise decisions yes. Get rid of Jeff 2005 dont draft ole retard and rebuild... I would liked to have seen Reggie Bush i mean anyone but that dude.

8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Fine.

Then don't use VY as the reason why Fisher was a poor stubborn coach in his latter years.

9. NashVillian

I can see i did not make my point concise. Its not the coach it wasnt the players this FRANCHISE is ran by dumb football people. Until that changes you wont see a good franchise maybe a good season here or there but thats it.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Our fans boo opposing teams when they come through the tunnel too.

But later on the Eagles did the same thing for Reid and he got mostly cheers even from people who hated him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar