Jeremy Lin Just Wins!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Unlike Tebow, Lin's been putting up fantastic numbers while winning. But like Tebow, he's a hometown hero, exciting to watch, and the team plays with emotion with him in the game.

Except Lin was a nobody coming out of college, went undrafted, bounced from team to team, bench to d-league.

Ironically he got no recognition while playing well in high school/college because he was Asian, and then became a crowd favorite in the NBA before logging a single minute because he's Asian. Asian American that is.

Being an Asian American myself, I watched his d-league highlights (where he dominated), and knew this kid has skills and can contribute in the NBA if given the chance. But I also kept it real, I'm not one of those people that thought Yao Ming was the greatest center ever, and didn't see Lin as a future top 5 PG. What I saw was a solid back up, Goran Dragic.

But he's exceeded even my expectations. After watching him in the last 3 games where he's put up:

25, 7, on 10/19
    28, 8, on 10/17
    23, 10, on 9/14

I think he can become a borderline star. His game reminds me of Tony Parker a lot, minus his signature teardrop.
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

well do you think it was the Asian American thing or the Ivey League background that was a roadblock?

regardless the guy can play.

FWIW I never heard of him till this thread.
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Both, he was probably looked at as another smart Asian kid who watched too much NBA because of Yao Ming.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

He's the only Asian that can drive without hitting a pole.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

LOL, no it's not.
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Lol ESPN is turning him into the Tebow of basketball, and they might just ruin his career.

I think he can be a good starter, a 15/7 guy, but wouldn't be surprised if it's a fluke and he was just that Asian kid that you underestimated at the rec.
  9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

well.. unlike tebow, he hates it...
    he's already complaining about the media getting into him and his family's personal lives
  10. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

He's having no problem running around Derek Fisher and Steve Blake....but who can't do that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.