Jerry Gray dodges Texas Tech questions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray didn’t provide any definitive answers on Friday on whether he actually interviewed for the Texas Tech head coaching job earlier this week.

During his weekly media availability on Friday, his explanation on the subject only fueled more questions.

A television station in Lubbock, Texas, reported earlier in the week that the school interviewed Gray before hiring Kliff Kingsbury. Gray, a native of Lubbock, Texas, wouldn’t confirm or deny it, and he steered clear of any specific questions on the topic on Friday.

Gray noted his long-standing relationship with the school that dates back 10 years. And he acknowledged he told friends at the school to call Munchak, presumably so he could get official permission to interview.

But Gray said the officials who conducted the coaching search never called.

“I asked them to call my head coach, and they didn’t call him. I asked them, and they didn’t call him. So guess what? They weren’t serious,’’ Gray said.

Gray declined to answer specifically whether he interviewed with Texas Tech officials about the job, however. He repeatedly told reporters: “Let’s move on to the Jets. Let’s move on to the Jets.” On Thursday, Munchak was vague when asked if Gray interviewed for the job.

“My deal is I have a great job here,’’ Gray said. “We are trying to win games and we are trying to get stuff done and that is what we are trying to concentrate on for Monday night.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lmao this bum thought he was out of Tenn, not professional at all and didn't even contact Munchak and thought he could have left him in the dust. Now he's stuck hurting our team and it's just bad for everyone.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Today Jerry Gray is the least of my concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar