Jerry Gray on Texas Tech’s radar

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Texas Tech interviewed Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray for the vacant head coaching position at the school, according to KAMC in Lubbock, Texas.

Texas Tech Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt also reportedly interviewed Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris and Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff Kingbury on Tuesday. Morris and Kingsbury are considered the favorites for the position.

On Saturday, Tommy Tuberville resigned to take the job at Cincinnati.

Gray is in his second year as defensive coordinator with the Titans. His defense is currently ranked 27th in the NFL.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Per Steve Layman:

#Titans Defensive Coordinator Jerry Gray met with #TexasTech AD Kirby Hocutt tonight in Nashville to discuss TT's coaching job, per source.

PLEASE TAKE GRAY TECH

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

LOL. Why would anyone want the worst DC in the NFL? There's 100 random guys that have never coached that can do what he did for 20 dollars.

4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Damn you beat me by like a minute! Grrrr

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This would be the best thing to happen in 2012/2013. Best Christmas present ever.

6. SacredTitan16

SacredTitan16 Starter

:yes2: please Texas tech take him now

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I definitely want Jerry Gray out as our defensive coordinator but it would be a huge mistake for Tech. They deserve better after what Tubberville just did to them. Kingsbury is a much better choice.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Am I the only one on this forum that doesn't hate gray? It was all Palmers fault, it was his fault the defense was out there 3/4 of the game.

In the last 4 weeks I've been quite happy with the defense. We for sure need a big time DT and a Nfl standard safety(+decent linebacker back-up) , but short of those glaring needs I think next season we will be a top 15 defense, minimum!

I maybe unpopular with this but I am not willing to make Grey a scapegoat

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i'm begging you gray... please take the job... not only are you leaving the titans, but you're also going to give WVU score 70+ on you.....

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

2014 National Champions: Texas Tech Red Raiders

2013 Coach of the Year: Jerry Gray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar