Jerry Gray on Texas Tech’s radar

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I still don't know why he would be on anyone's radar, but I'm not going to argue.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Gray would be crazy not to take this job if offered. In the back of his mind there has to be the lingering thought of the dreaded pink slip in his Titans future.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is a Christmas gift from God, let Gray "resign", he doesn't have to be terminated, maybe he goes cause this would look like "he" left on his terms.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Didn't he interview for the Bucs HC vacancy last year too?

Definitely the Rooney Rule in that case.

This doesn't mean changes are coming to our staff - though changes are inevitable. Something will change. Clearly. However, he is being offered a head coaching job in college... he would take it over being a DC in the NFL in a heartbeat.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Did you really just say that with a shirtless pic of CJ as your avatar?

I like watching the guy play, I don't like watching him undress..

7. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I can't put all of the blame on Gray. Sure early in the season the D was looking pitiful but like one poster said the D has been pretty decent over the last month or so. Maybe our D looked so bad due to the inability of the offense to be an NFL offense and actually move the ball more than 8 yards during each possession and then just punting. If any D is on the field whether they are the Texans, Steelers, or whoever for significant time they are going to look bad. Found some interesting stuff about Gray and Fewell (DC from NY Giants and potential HC candidate)

Gray: hired by former Titans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to run the Buffalo Bills defense the same year Williams left Tennessee to become the Buffalo Head Coach. He served as the defensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills from 2001 to 2005, where he oversaw one of the top defenses in the NFL until his final season. The Bills ranked 2nd in total defense in both 2003 and 2004.

Fewell: Preceded by Jerry Gray. Defensive Backs coach with Chicago from 2004-2005 under Head Coach Lovie SmithIn what was statistically their best season under Fewell, the 2008 Bills defense ranked 2nd in the AFC in negative yardage plays, recorded 7 games of holding opposing offenses to less than 100 yards rushing, finished 4th in the NFL in red zone defense (41.8%), and allowed just 14 passing TDs all year.

Fewell has turned the Giants D into something special evidenced by holding Brady down in the superbowl. Maybe if we kept Gray and hired Fewell as HC they can work together to get this Titans D to where it is suppose to be but they would need to hire a really good OC (Turner or someone else perhaps). Get Fewell in place after the super bowl so he and Gray can talk D in the draft and get the players needed here to get the defense tops in the league again.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I think this is definitely a sign that he will be let go. Palmer fired, Moore being brought in all sounds like plays for Munch to keep his job.

I would like to get that Tampa - 2 DC that's looking to get back in the game :)

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Wow.

Jerry Gray is on Texas Techs radar?!

I didnt even think this guy was on "Doppler's Radar"?!?!

My best buddy down in lubbock has ties to the Red Raiders - im putting in a good word to him about Gray as we speak - maybe he will relay the message to the managment brass or start a petetion for him!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason the defense is looking better is because we're playing teams like Miami's 29th ranked O , and Jacksonvilles 31st ranked O.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar