Jerry Jones on the future of Dez and Murray...Ouch!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well if you were wondering who the Cowboys think is more important to their teams success, you can see it in what the Cowboys think of each player moving forward.

Jerry Jones basically said Dez Bryant is not going anywhere and they will franchise him if need be.

And what about their record setting RB who has carried them all season? They offered him $16mil...TOTAL...for 4 years. Would they really offer him $4mil/yr when the franchise tag for a RB is projected to be over $10mil? Heck, we were paying CJ something like $13mil/yr I think. looks like the Cowboys were happy to ride Murray. Maybe they get Dez under Contract and inquire about Peterson...or maybe draft Gurley or Gordon in rnd 1?

Looks like Murray will be available!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

That's been the value of FA running back for the past few years. The huge contracts for RBs are a thing of the past. Plus, isn't this the first season that Murray stayed healthy the entire season? Yes, he a great season... But, Dallas has bigger fish to fry and big contracts already on the books.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Gordon isn't round 1 material. Did few things at the college level that translate yo the pros. Unless kid runs a 4.CJ2k - I don't see it.

Murray is injury prone so it's no surprise considering how the team is built. Ready to plug and play any solid zone runner.

Of course they wouldn't let Dez leave. Anyone that thought he would get to walk is clearly not paying attention.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't think we paid CJ more than $8 or $9 million per year at the most, and that was one of the last big money RB contracts that a RB is going to get for a long time. You can always draft a RB and get descent production out of them and spend the extra money on other players, in this case Dez.

I actually think that's what they're going to do. If Murray walks, I bet they draft Gurley early and may even be in a better position at RB than they were with Murray. Gurley is a beast.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Henry from Alabama is going to be the next great NFL RB.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Can anyone else see cj going to the ravens taking over for sett and having a good year

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

CJ could, and he would be better than he was in NY, but I still don't think he would be great. He has clearly lost a step and doesn't break tackles anymore. I would take Murray in addition to Sankey any day, as long as the price is right!

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think he had like a $13mil cap hit maybe? But over his last 3 years, he actually was paid $31mil. You know contract numbers are always higher than what they actually earn.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Depends on what you consider a good year. 1000 yards? Yes, if he got the carries. But I'd say it's 50/50 on whether or not his YPC is above or below 4.0 and each year his chances of being below that go up. He will see his $/yr go down as his age goes up and his production goes down.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jerry is making good decisions all of a sudden. WTF happened?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar