Jets @ Dolphins gt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Drew would still drop them.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Case 2 is so god damn unlikely, I don't even consider it viable. The Steelers have played HORRIBLY this yearl; I have absolute zero confidence in them to play a competant game against a team still in the hunt. I don't see them beating the Bengals, sorry. 49ers are pretty bad, and will need a lot of luck and skill to defeat a Jags team yearning to clinch.

If we make the #6 Spot, it's a miracle and a wrapped up gift from the football gods.

3. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

so did Volek, Ryan Leaf, Plummer and Bledsoe etc....
    Cutler can't do what Vince does IMHO of course...
    If we had Cutler I think we're right back at 4-12
    ... I'd die to see us squeeze into the playoffs this year But what a ride through the last 9 games watching this team come together,come from behind and find way's to win...
    Well done titans..
    Playoffs or not it's something to be proud of..

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We've already had one miracle. Cheers to the 2nd. Not getting home field for the playoffs was a big dissapointment tho'. We need to address that in the offseason, lol.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is more likely than the worst team in the NFL trying to beat the Jets.

49ers have swept the Seahawks, they are more capable of doing it then Oakland are of beating the Jets. Cutler is due for a bad game.

Kansas at home are damn near impossible, and the Jags away suck.

Steelers you never know, the Bengals aren't exactly that good either, who knows who will be in jail this week.

It is all unlikely but i still think is our best chance.

6. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Actually, in the last 7 games, the only time they looked horrible, was the 2 against the Ravens. They won all the others.

Its gonna be a fun game even if we don't make the Playoffs, GO Titans!

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

True. That's why the Steelers had a shot until last week. Besides, they did it to the Bengals last year. You know they want to remind someone on their last game of the season that for now they are still the defending Super Bowl champions.

Sorry for being so adamant about our playoff prospects and what had to happen. Jets and Bengals losing out was just a simpler path. This is a mess, but I agree with Gunny, it could all happen. I was secretly hoping I was blinding myself to something in case. But that makes sense if the interpretation of rule #1 is all three or more teams have played one another. That's the part I've grayed on.

Anyway, KC historically at home is not in visitors' favor. Cutler could well have a rookie outing, and the running games for both clubs are highly-ranked. Denver is 6 and San Fran is 7 (we are 5 btw). Gore is 3rd in the NFL in rushing and the 49ers have won some real games this year.

Still, the most important thing is beating the Patriots. It's the note we want to go out on, no matter what happens from there.

But yes, the best thing this year is this amazing run we've been on, which is a blessing, considering how we started. We've been given much more than we expected. I just hope this team can agree on no more 0-4 0-5 starts. I think we should be looking to press down teams' throats from now into the future.

In closing, after this season, I could never be disappointed if we don't get into the playoffs.

8. It was unlikely we were gonna make the playoffs anyway, when you don't control your own destiny, luck has to have its way for it to all go well...

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

True, how many times in the past 6 weeks has VY gotten out of trouble, scrambled for key first downs, or run for 40-yard TDs? Don't think Cutler does all this, however strong his arm is...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Keep the Faith, we had a crazy run. Who says it will stop now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar