Jets fans are in a frenzy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

When Chad Pennington went down earlier in the year and rumours of a Volek trade started flying around, I visited the jetsinsider fan site. It was to say the least an interesting experience. That big a city means a huge fan base which in turn means an inordinate number of whack jobs. Over this past week with the Herm Edwards rumours flying about I thought I'd drop in to see what the reaction was like. Holy train wrecks! The Jets fans are a little frazzled to say the least. The person who runs the boards says that they had a record of just over three thousand posts yesterday!

Current threads at jetsinsider have coaching candidates ranging from Haslett to Jeff Fisher. Yes, Jeff Fisher. I'd did take the time to point out to them that Jeff Fisher indeed has a job and asked "What kind of lame-assed franchise would allow another team to steal their head coach?" :)) Yeah, I know, I couldn't resist.

When you've read everything that interests you here at gotitans (the best fan based site on the web... Big kudos to the Big Kahuna), I suggest taking a trip down to jetsinsider.com and bear witness to the bedlam.

Incidentally, Jeff, what's the record for post in a day at gotitans? And what was the event that caused all the posts? My guess would be Ed's release.

http://www.jetsinsider.net/ji/index.php

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They are friggin nuts over there. And stupid.

I was on there because of aussie punter Ben Graham (to see how he was doing) and boy are they dumb.
    Outside of a few Aussie posters who thought Graham could play every position under the sun like QB, Wide Reciever etc. (which clearly he cant because he hasnt played before) the American Jet fans were saying he was the key to them making the Superbowl, a Punter.

They are just plain stupid.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

You aren't kidding. By the tone of their posts last week I swear they were mistaking Herm Edwards for Rich Kotite. Herm isn't the greatest X's and O's guy in the world, but you could certainly do worse for a head coach. For instance, if the Jets hire Jim Haslett as the new man I'll be tempted to take the day off work just to watch the Jets fans have a meltdown.

Surprisingly it seems that the majority of people on the site would like to see Dinger get the HC gig.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: it would be quite the show.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I think the biggest day was when the Jets fans visited here to find out about Mike Heimerdinger right after his hiring in the Meadowlands.

Wild, huh?

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I used to go to the Jets site a lot, they have a "girls next door" photo section. Nice, very nice indeed.:)

7. Don't they charge for their board?

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

No "jetsinsider" has pretty much the same set up as here. There's no charge to sign up, and you don't have to be a member at all if you just want to browse the message boards (although, again just like gotitans, you do have to be a member to view attachment sand vote in polls).

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

On September 10, 2004, we had 751 posts in a 24 hour period. Looking back, that was the season opener against Miami moved up a day because of a hurricane.

The event which has generated the most traffic is the Jets signing Dinger. We had 445 on here at one time and most were Jets fans. That knocked out the previous top number generate when the Jets signed McCareins.

The server crashed a few times both days.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Teams interested in fisher...

Seems that the jets, texans and rams are all interested in jeff fisher though the rams said they would not be interesting in a draft choice compensation. Would we be willing to let fisher go for say a 2nd rd draft pick? The chiefs gave up a 4th for herman edwards but i think that would be out of the question.

Is it just talk or can something like this really happen? If fisher was traded away it seems likely that greg williams would be our head coach. Doesn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar