Jevon Kearse Arrested For DUI

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It would be easier to just lock the exits at the coliseum during the fourth quarter.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Are you people serious? People, not just Titans, drink and drive everyday. In about an hour from now, someone is going to leave their office on West End, go have lunch at P.F. Changs with their co-workers, pop a bottle of wine, drink, get in their car and drive back to work. After a few glasses of wine, they don't "feel" drunk, but legally, they are drunk.

Titan players, wives of Titans, your doctor, your dentist, heck, anyone who drinks has driven after having a few drinks at dinner. I have driven drunk. I didn't plan to. It was very irresponsible. One night, I was seriously drunk, I drove home and had I been stopped, with who I had in my car, it would have been pretty ugly for that person and my butt would have been locked up and crying.

Just last Monday, I was picking up dinner for the fam in one of my fav restaurants. The guys at the bar know me and when they see me coming, they always mix me up my fav drink. It's called Peach lemonade, made with several types of peach liquor, mixed with lemonade. It's a pretty strong drink, but with my partying history, 1 drink doesn't even touch me. So, I left the restaurant, and did my normal left turn out onto the main street. Problem is, that left turn is illegal. You're supposed to go back around the restaurant, to the light. So, I get pulled over. I seriously almost threw up from the fear that was rising in my throat. See, while I was sitting at the bar, there were about 4 police officers who were there and they were looking at me. I had my drink, paid for the food and was out. I had kinda given the officers a "don't look at me, huffy look" and I thought that they had me pulled over when I left, out of spite. I just knew that I was going to get a DUI, go to jail, my fam wouldn't get to eat their dinner sitting in the back seat and I had left my cell phone at home. When I realized that I was getting pulled over for making the illegal turn, the fear subsided. When I pick up food at this place again, I probably will have 1 small drink.

These guys are constantly treated special. It's hard to expect them to act like "normal" citizens when there is nothing normal about their daily lives. Just the trickle down effect wives and girlfriends receive is sometimes overwhelming, so it's got to be blinding for the actual players. You get VIP treatment, even when you don't ask for it and are trying to be down low.

I'm not feeling well today, so I can't organize my thoughts to really make the point that I want to. I give up.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that is true but you are not driving then. They can only get you for public drunkness....lol

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't care how much special treatment pro athletes get. It's not (and it will never be) unreasonable to expect them to obey the law.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Didn't say it was unreasonable to expect them to obey the law. I was explaining why they would drive a car after drinking. They think that they can make it home safe. They think they aren't "that" drunk or impaired. I remember about a month or so ago, I saw that a new law was passed that mandates a person spend a minimum of 48 hrs. in jail after a DUI. Apparently, there is a loophole, because Von didn't even spend 24 hours in jail.

The whole "48 hours" thing really scared me straight.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Difference is it was 4:30 am when Kearse was driving down West End after having a drink, and he had someone sober riding with him (the person who drove his car home after the arrest).
    Even if he wasn't drunk, if you've had one drink and there's someone with you who's had zero at 4:30 in the morning DON'T DRIVE! Why put yourself in the postion Kearse is in now? It's simple risk versus reward...

edit> I'm not saying that drinking and driving is more acceptable during normal business hours, just that you're more likely to be watched and pulled over for drinking at that early morning hour, which makes it even dumber to take the chance then.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It was the potential can time that kept you from dnd'n?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The "everyone else does it" excuse might work when we're 7 years old.
    But it doesn't make it acceptable once we're adults.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah but just because people still do it doesn't make it right or justify it.

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

There is no justification for doing it, and there is no excuse for doing it. What the point some are trying to make is that just b/c a pro athelete is rich and famous, that doesn't mean that they are not infalible. Since when does the "They should know better" make a difference b/c of the $$$$ in your bank account. He got caught, it was stupid, and the law will deal with him.

Like I said before, if you're old enough to drive and old enough to drink, chances are that we have ALL done this a time or two before.

Glad no one was hurt, but truly all I care about is whether or not he gets 10+ sacks this upcoming season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar