Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Id say the tackling technique is more on the players and position coaches than Schwartz. Id say our players still arent as good as we think they are, and Carson Palmer was just red hot yesterday. And when he plays that well, thats a tough offense to slow down.

2. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Maybe we need a coach who has more balance. A coordinator that will not only coach scheme (which Schwartz is stuck on) but someone who will also concentrate on emotion, pride and just plain knocking the HE!! out of someone.

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I am saying he is not as good as New England's and we need an upgrade. Fisher isn't as good as Belicheck either but then again Fisher doesn't cheat.

But you are missing my point. You make the assumption that the Patriots draft players that are that so much better than everyone else players. They are involved in the same draft we are. Who was Asante Samual and Rosie Colvin before they replaced the other New England players? Noone. My opinion is that all players that make the NFL are good of course some are better than others. Coaching makes some players better. If Asante Samuel and Colvin were drafted by the Titans we would be saying trade them they suck. The Patriots take players and make them playmakers. They start with the basics, like lets make sure he knows proper tackling technique.

Your comment about the WR core proves my point as well. The Patriots overachieved last year. They made it to the AFC championship game without a solid WR, and almost won. Without a WR we either lose 3 in a row or lose our first 5 games.

The Patriots are insanely dominant. Granted they have great players, including a 5th or 6th round QB. Tom Brady was freakin drafted in the after teh 5th round. My point being that all the talent in the world doesn't guarentee victory. But if you are well coached you will be in any game.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Colvin had double digit sacks his last 2 years with the Bears before going to NE. Id hardly say he was a nobody. He was one of the premier free agent LBs the year NE signed him. Much like Adalius Thomas and Rodney Harrison. THe pats do seem to do a good job of finding mid round draft picks that turn into really good players, but they also sign plenty of guys through free agency.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Talented players make all the difference. How can anyone ever argue against that?? This is sports we're talking about, right?
    We all know Schwartz isn't a God-send of a coach but we could have worse. I love all the experts on here that know more than NFL football coaches. Reeeeaally!! Our D has been very very good up until we lost Hayneworth... It's a shame that one guy can make that big of a difference but he does, Shwartz or no Shwartz...

6. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

My bad on Colvin, I did not follow him didn't realize he was all-pro. But that does not make my point not valid. The patriots are deep at every position and that isn't the players. My point is that it doesn't matter who is playing they will play well. They will not miss tackles. They probably won't be as good as the person before them but they New England will still be in every game. New England 3rd string players won't miss tackles but our starters do.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman and others..

I think riverman's last comments were fair. Fisher is ultimately responsible but that is schwartz's primary domain. The problem though is that schwartz is in his 7th season now and those who have been constantly harping about him need to focus 75% of their complaints to the guy who has kept him on all this time. At least chow is only in year 3 and admittedly we have had less talent on offense. Certainly that is true this year.

I didn't care for the defensive call near the goaline when johnson torched finnegan on that outside move. Finnegan should have had some inside help so he didn't have to sell out on the slant like he did. It was too important a play to leave him all alone like that with a pro bowl WR..

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with Mrs Titan. Schwartz keeps giving players significant snaps after they have proven they will not tackle properly. Williams demanded tackling.

Teams used to hate playing Tennessee, not because it was a sure loss but because they were sure to endure a physical beating.

Schwartz is sure to inflict a mental beating at best cause even when the D plays well - see Indy the last three games - they sure do not deliver a physical beating upon the opponent.

Just Tackle somebody!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar