jobs/careers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mitch86, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yep. My current house cost 72,000 dollars in 2008. And it is older, but not a bad house at all.

In California, this same house would cost well over 500k.
    The house I grew up in would be 1mil easily, there. Cost of living is great in middle America. But wages suck accordingly.

If I made 16 bucks an hour in California, I'd be living out of my car, or in public housing.

175k here will get you a very nice 2 story house. You can get brand new (slab foundation) houses here for 140k.

If only you could live with a roommate, and have a good job in these high rent areas for about 5 years.. You could come back to the south/Midwest USA and live for years off of your salary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Look into Spring Hill. It's about 30 minutes south of Nashville. Small town vibe yet it's really growing. Plus we can hang out!

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah the property prices in places like CA and NY are crazy. One of my good friends lives in NY and he has a house smaller than mine but 400k. Not even worth it imo unless you are just absolutely rolling in the dough.

4. nickmsmith

Cool. I'll check it out. A lot would have to work out for us to move there. But it's a possibility at some point.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

$150k won't get a decent house near Nashville? Damn... Small town west TN you can get a VERY nice house for that kind of money. That's why I like small town living vs the city life. Make more money in the city settings but pay twice as much for everything.

6. nickmsmith

Yep. I looked in Franklin, Brentwood, and a few other other burbs.. Almost nothing good under 200k. Just a pipe dream. Because all of my family besides one sister, and the in laws are here in Indiana. Too many roots here to up and leave 2 hours away on a whim.

@GoT is right though. Rutherford county has a ton of good ones at a decent price.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Ouch. 200k here gets damn near a mansion with several acres. Lol

80-100k for a nice 3 bedroom home in a nicer neighborhood. Nothing super fancy, but what I'd call an average family home.

8. nickmsmith

That's pretty good. What I would consider a "respectable" family home in a good neighborhood here in Evansville, IN pretty much starts at 100k.

9. NashVillian

NashVillian Practice Squad

You would either have to get out away from Nashville like ridgetop or greenbriar. Both are north of Nashville or head to Murfreesboro for that price range. You could get a decent condo in hermitage mine was 170 brand new.

Franklin starts about 275 to 300 for a decent house. older built in 80s.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Brentwood is totally impractical if you aren't making 6 figures for the most part. Franklin is generally more affordable but still your dollar won't go very far there.

There's a big difference between Franklin/Brentwood and Rutherford County.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar