joe biddle speaks the truth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

How many drops did Bennett have against the Ravens?
    Every WR drops one occasionally. Obviously the % of drops goes up when the QB is throwing off target (high, low, too much lead or behind). Making statements like "if you get your finger on it you should catch it" is ridiculous. A guy running full speed across the field who has to reach back for a pass well behind him might get his finger on the ball but there is a better chance the defensive back is going to catch it. In the Ravens game VY threw the ball much more accurately to Bennett and he responded with a very nice game. I wonder if Rolle ever found his jock and Rolle is a pretty darn decent CB that Bennett was sending to school.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

That's the problem with Bennett; he can have great games like he had yesterday. But he has tons of games where he will literally disappear, and a lot of that is because of drops. A ton of Bennett-supporters will nod to the fact that we have a rookie QB; sorry, this was a problem last year.

I think Bennett is a quality player, and he needs to start. But he can NEVER be considered as dependable a wideout as Mason was, or many other great WRs in the league. I do genuinely like what Bennett brings to the table (great height, nice athleticism, decent speed).

3. and he does well after the catch...

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

catch being the operative word

5. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Vince has uncanny accuracy when he is comfortable in the offense and with his receivers. When he has been off this year, it reminds me of his early career at Texas. Sometimes it was a lack of chemistry with the receiver, and sometimes we would just be way off for no apparent reason. I think that happens when he is overthinking, and overthinking is pretty standard for rookie NFL QBs. They have never seen the defenses before, and the complexity of their own offense is new as well. Different people react in different ways, and Vince sometimes lets it affect his accuracy. It is impossible to predict the future, but I am willing to bet that by next season any problems with accuracy per se will be behind him for good.

If he has two weakness they are occasional overconfidence in rifling the ball downfield, leading to picks, and fumbling on the scramble more than he should. I know it has not shown yet, but his accuracy has always been a strength.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

His accuracy is so good Chow has said he is going to work with him in the offseason and teach him to throw the ball.

7. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Drew is good for a few good games a year. He will play lights out one game then dissapear for the next few weeks. Any one who has watched the Titans every week that past few years will also know he will get more than his fair share of dropped balls for a few games as well.

8. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I have watched him play since high school. Have you? And while many things change in the NFL from lower levels, a person's ability to throw a ball from point A to point B accurately and with velocity will be pretty constant no matter what the situation. Do you deny this?

Hint: the correct answer to both of these questions is "no."

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Hey Vince10 you dropped these
    [​IMG]

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I was just going to continue to ignore you after you called me an idiot, but.....

I bet most people think Drew drops passes....because he does. His hands are half of what Mason's were. I'd say his hands are about average. Sure you've been watching for years?

Troupe has been called out in many threads about his hands.

It appears that you only see what you want to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar