joe biddle speaks the truth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

It is a bit bold to claim that he is one of the worst pass catchers in the league based on the catch percentage.

Randy Moss catch percentage is 45% as well and surely you wouldn't claim that he is one of the worst pass catchers in the leaugue?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

moss has dropped more than his fair share of catches this season.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I would be interested to know how they arrive at those stats. If the ball is thrown your way and you touch it is it a missed catch? If you catch it out of bounds is it a miss? If the ball is behind you and you touch it with a finger is it a miss?

5. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

But thats not saying he is one of the worst pass catchers in the leauge is it (?)!

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

"Receiving statistics include all passes intended for the receiver in question, including those that are incomplete or intercepted. At some point, we hope to be able to determine just how much impact different receivers have on completes vs. incomplete passes, but various regression analyses make it clear that both quarterback and receiver have an impact on whether a pass is complete or not. The word passes refers to both complete and incomplete pass attempts."

More useless stats. It is NOT just the performance of the receiver, but the QB also. So if a pass is thrown over the receivers head or at his feet he gets as much blame as the QB. The receiver even gets blamed for interceptions, whether it hit his hands or not. Total BS.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this year he has dropped a hell of a lot more balls than he should, and those stats are for this year, so yeah, this he is one of the lower WRs in catches %.

8. TM

TM Starter

He wasn't much better in 2005 (53%) with McNair throwing the ball.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2005.php

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Why are you talking routes? We're talking hands. Drew drops balls, contrary to your opinion of years of watching him. I've watched him from the day he joined the team as well, and I don't see how you could come to your conclusion unless A) you really haven't seen that much of him B) you're a Drew homer or C) all of the above

I'm glad to have someone proven like Bennett. And what exactly do you think he has proven? Is he a #1? No. Could a #1 really help this team? Yes. That's why I'd like to see an upgrade at WR.

Drew has proven he's a good #2 or excellent #3. And this is no hater vs homer arguement. I would keep him if the price is right....and I'd try to find someone better.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He's dropped a lot, and it's a little ironic that they're talking about it on Around The Horn now. They said that he said he's lacking concentration out there. I've watched them 4 or 5 times maybe this year, and I've noticed the bad drops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar