Joe Flacco's Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Eli is as inconsistent as they come..

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Here are the players the Ravens have lost and/or will be losing this season (you just named a couple):

Ray Lewis (retired)
    Matt Birk (retired)
    Ed Reed
    Paul Kruger
    Cary Williams
    Anquan Boldin
    Dannell Ellerbe

They won't lose all those players, but obviously the murderer and Birk are already gone. Reed is more than likely gone. Williams is likely gone. They'll be able to keep either Kruger or Ellerbe, but not both. They'll have a hard time affording Boldin now too, and releasing him was already an option brought up a few weeks ago.

It's Jimmy Smith, btw... and I think he's average at best. He got away with that hold, and there's no denying that whether you're a Ravens hater or not. Webb is recovering from an ACL.

Honestly, the team is in shambles in my eyes. They should count their blessings they won that Super Bowl because they won't sniff it for quite some time.

Remember how long it took the Ravens to be relevant again after they won their first Super Bowl? Sure, they had some decent years, but they were not a legitimate threat again until Harbaugh took over in 2008.

They are walking into cap hell once again, and they may be perennial playoff team in terms of being able to reach the postseason, but they won't be going anywhere. If Flacco was legitimately an elite QB as his contract suggests, they'd have nothing to worry about. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for people like myself who loathe the Ravens, Flacco is nowhere near elite, and he is hardly a top 10 QB - if at all.

Both the Steelers and Ravens will encounter below .500 seasons in years to come, and it will be glorious.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You know what's funny...

In 2011 Flacco was my fantasy QB (gasp). Eli won the Super Bowl.

In 2012 Eli was my fantasy QB (gasp again). Flacco won the Super Bowl.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You have valid points but I stand by what I said. They have a great organization and draft well. They will do everything the can to keep Ellerbee and Kruger. Boldin wants to stay there badly as well ( i think Cary will get his pay day and leave). Lewis will be relatively easy to replace as he hasn't played at a truly elite level in some time now. Losing Reed will definitely hurt but as we've discussed for months this is an unusually deep safety class so it's a great year to need one. Webb's injury is serious but it happened all the way back in week 6 and he is on schedule from all accounts. I'll just say this. I'd rather be in their position right now than ours unless we address some serious issues this off-season. Watching the Steelers lose will be fun though, I hate them and their soon to be non-existant legions of band-wagon fans.

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Just think, if the Broncos knew how to execute a prevent defense, Flacco gets less than half of what he's got.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Never seen an NFL safety misjudge the flight of the ball so badly. The call was perfect.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I mean, on one hand......what is a ring worth? He had a HUGE hot streak in the playoffs, but he isn't a guy that is going to take you there. Slightly above game manager........I would go as far to say he was like Hass in his prime. They should have dumped him and gotten Smith for like 1/4 the price and then been a player in free agency and still be just as well off. I would have gladly given someone like Hass or Locker 10 mil a year for a ring at this stage.

I really don't care. He had/has the weapons, without the numbers. Next year, the weapons won't be there and they might go 10-6. After that expect atleast 4 years of an average team. This is exactly the kind of move real bad teams make. It is shocking that the Ravens actually did this.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Has anybody thought about how Jay Cutler feels?

[​IMG]

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Asked no one ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar