Joe Paterno out at Penn State

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Shanvhere, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Anyone with half a brain knows who actually did the crime, they make that clear, but stupid people abound as usual.

Yes, humans make mistakes. And people pay the price for their mistakes. Joe Pa did what was "legal" but effectively turned a blind eye toward the situation for YEARS...

"nobody's perfect" is a good excuse for an 8 year old, not so much for a "legend" who had been in almost total control over a program for 60 years before this surfaced. He could have fired him on the spot, instead, he chose not to have it revealed at that time, and it came back to bite him at the very end of his career. He could have cut ties with the molester. (Who will rot in Hell if there is one) but instead he decided to keep that bridge intact. Big Mistake. Cost him his legacy. He could have made Sandusky the sole guilty party, but instead, he let it linger and implicated himself as an enabler.

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Did Paterno know about it for years? Nothing that I've read has indicated that. As I understand it, this was brought to his attention in 2002, 3 years after Sandusky had retired, and Joe Pa immediately reported it to his supervisors.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I feel the need to correct this.

DW has previously said he is a troll and that he doesn't believe half of what he types here, he only does it to get a rise out of people.

As far as Paterno, he is getting more headlines because his "name". I also find it hard to believe that the only info he ever received was that one incident from the graduate assistant. Why didn't he talk to Sandusky himself afterward?

Regardless, this is what Penn State has to do to start what will be an extrememly long process to improve their reputation.

Could you imagine if the players carried Paterno off the field on Saturday? That would send a very wrong message.

4. nickmsmith

He's known about it at least for 9 years, then. While the pedo continued to have an office in the building. He obviously is not playing the innocence card. He wishes he had done more, aka it was in his power to do more, and he didn't.

And yes, DW likes to play the Devil's advocate, and that's ok. Every forum needs one.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The whole thing reeks of turning a blind eye.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

some of things deuce says is sometimes out there... sometimes he's drunk and post crap... and then there's sometimes when he actually post stuff that makes you think... he may have some really out there though.... but most of the time he's not out there to annoy the board like jesse....

7. nickmsmith

I know you won't believe this unless you saw it:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575"]Amazon.com: Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story (9781582613574): Jerry Sandusky: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZXRXMOp7L.@@AMEPARAM@@41ZXRXMOp7L[/ame]

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's the problem to me. They're so focused on Paterno- people that don't follow closely assume he's the guy that did it. I'm seeing that on facebook as well.

Nick, you're going really overboard with the whole "aided and helped" angle. You, I, nor no one on this board have enough information to say that.

When I have to tell someone not to be extreme... lol

Again, if we all ran to the cops due to second-hand information, we'd never leave the station.
    Had the witness just simply gone to the cops with the information he himself had- all this is avoided. Yet, it's Joe that aided the molester for all these years? He didn't know for fact that the guy was guilty as far as we know.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have read a few articles, but have not followed this like Im sure some have. Can someone clarify this for me?

A coach witnessed this happening, and did nothing but tell Paterno? He didnt stop it while he was witnessing it? He didnt go to the cops himself?

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's playing in to it. I'm like Floyd Mayweather Jr. If you paint me as the bad guy long enough, I'll eventually be the best one possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar