Joey Harrington

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Blackstar, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yes, but that is over $500 Aussie dollars....i'll take that.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Joey is a prime exampke of why you don't throw a young QB to the wolves
    and is why we won't do it to Vince
    they broke that guy and set him into a spin of mediocrity that he may never come up for air from. he needs good coaching and some time to set in the pocket for him to rehab from the atrocity that was the Detroit Millens

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

well, now that we have drafted Vince we added 400 new members overnight. Some have been signed up but have been lurking until it was official. I remember this thread.

What about Harrington?
    I agree with you. However, Young is made of different stuff than Harrington. Make a comparison to Phillip Rivers and get back to me. I think that could make a point. Harrington has turned out to be a classic text book bust. Even Vick had a few starts as a rookie. Vince is way better and he doesn't have a STD (that I know of) ... I agree, but I don't want to just sit here and act like Vince Young can not be a rookie sensation. That's crazy. Vince Young is going to set the league on fire.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

but what about Mannings and Roethlisberger?

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

I don't think there is a problem with throwing a young QB to the wolves...... If team management is strongly commited to winning, meaning things will get better........... I think a QB like Joey can handle it.

But Joey has a team that's been going sideways for 20 years. I don't think anyone can honestly say there is more talent on that team now, than there was in 2002. Yeah......... you can rip off name after name of someone we all thought at one time was talented....... but have yet to produce in the NFL. Going by that standard, we can say the Texans has a very Talented Offensive Line.

Does Matt Millen still have a job with that team??

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think it just depends on the QB, regardless when they start playing.

7. Over 200 squid, I'll take that any day of the week

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and in this case, Manning and Roethy were
    a) ready PM (even though Peyton endured a 3-13 rookie season)
    and b) BR was on a team that had a strong running game and a stronger defense and did not ask much of its rookie QB

Vince Young is neither - yet

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Harrington now....

......is not as good a player as vince young...

The more footage i see of young the more convinced i am that he can do just about as well as micheal vick by week 5. Why not?

10. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

WELL SAID!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar