johnathan orr waived?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they probably questioned brandon jones' health.

2. They picked the guy they thought was the best player. Simple as that...

And in this case, Ganther probably was only brought up because Henry and Hall were both injured.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Which is a f***** up way of drafting unless you have the luxury of not having any significant holes that need to be adressed.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we drafted for need when we took three defensive linemen in the '04, look how that turned out. you need to take the best player.

5. Are you kidding? When you get that late in the draft, you take the guy who is most likely to stick in the NFL.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

There fixed it for you. There's no point in drafting someone who has a very slim change of making your roster in the first place, then rather go after the second best guy who might be in a position where he is likely to be on the roster.

Drafting RB's, TE's and WR's at the end of last years draft was just dumb, imo, we are so loaded at those positions.

@bigtitan53279
    I don't see the relevance. Spending 3 picks on DE's was dumb, but has nothing to do with this discussion. The discussion is, do you draft BPA when the player is in a croweded spot? What if we had kept McNair, Volek and drafted Vince in the first and the BPA is a QB in 6th, would you draft him? I wouldn't.

7. Perhaps you didn't notice this... but HE DID MAKE THE ROSTER!

They cut him because they had to make room for an extra RB and WR was the only position they could afford to cut anyone.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He made the roster as 7th string receiver after Givens, Bennet, Wade, Jones, Roby and Williams, while we only have 3 backups for 5 position on the O-line, not to mention couple of veterans who don't seem fit to play. Gaither is the 4th string runningback and Cramer (aside from being 2nd string FB) is a 4th string TE. You still wouldn't rather have spent a pick on the O-line on the off chance you find the next Shane Olivea?

9. Bennett and Wade are both free agents after this season. If they think Orr is a quality WR, he can have a roster spot in the future.

As for who better to draft, I wouldn't reach for an OLineman just because he's an OLineman when I have Orr ranked as the best player available. If they were rated evenly, then sure...

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How can a 6th or 7th round pick possibly be reach?? Sure if you expect him to go undrafted I wouldn't draft him either, but if I thought someone else would draft him I'd rather draft #2-5 on my BPA list in a position of need, than #1 in a position I don't need. And we needed linemen in this draft, Mawae won't play forever and Pillar and Olson shouldn't be playing as it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar