Johnson has ankle injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

There was nothing shown on TV as to when/where he was hurt. :suspect:

Very curious as to why he didn't at least try the ankle in the game. :suspect:

2. Vanny

Vanny Camp Fodder

So Johnson got hurt when Reed and Lewis had him all twisted up on the ground after the play was over???

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Morph

Morph Revolution

I, too, wondered why he didn't at least try to play with the ankle wrap. I mean I can see resting him in the first and maybe third quarter in case we advance to the AFC championship and possibly superbowl but when the game was still tight in the 4th and we needed some plays then why not try him? Heck, didn't George play with a dislocated shoulder or something like that? :suspect:

4. Morph

Morph Revolution

I'm not sure if that's when it happened or not but didn't we get a personal foul call against us on that since Harris came over to shove them off? The Ravens got off scott free on that as usual if I recall correctly.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i think him not being in the game really hurt our ground attack. no need to worry about the injury now, he has pleeeeeeenty of time to heal up. but him not coming back in and trying was a little disappointing although i'm sure if he felt like he could have went back into the game and made some plays he would have. and while we're on the subject of injuries i wasn't too impressed with our returing duo up front....Big Al and KVB

6. Vanny

Vanny Camp Fodder

If I am not mistaken, I think the personal was on D.Stewart for that play and of course no replay was shown.

7. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I now understand why he didn't win the rookie of the year award.....appears LW is not the only RB on the team without heart.........

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Just rub some dirt on it! All better, team wins...........

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

eddie would have been in that game.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I never doubt injuries. Players play when they can play in my opinion. If you start making mistakes in the 4th qtr, then I'll doubt your heart, but injuries, I think they just are what they are. If you can't play, your not helping the team by running out there. I'm quite sure that was the case. Many players went out in that game. He wasn't alone. It's was a brutal game. He's a runner and he had a bad ankle. What are you going to do if you can't run, you do what he did, and hope Lendale can get it done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar