Johnson is not only fast he is a quick study

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I am worried about or DB's. I'm not worried about Griffin at S and I'm sure we'll re-sign Finnegan. If Harper doesn't have a good season this year we'll have to replace him anyway. As for Hope, we have no idea how good he'll be when he comes back. Can he be that big hitter again? Will he last for 16 games? Finally, I don't trust Lowry or Fuller at all to be a full time starter.

I don't think their was good depth at the DB position in last year's draft. The only S I liked was Kenny Phillips and at CB we'll about 5-7. I do think it would be better drafting a DB this year than last year.

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St.
    Victor Harris, CB, Va. Tech
    Taylor Mays, S, USC
    Myron Rolle, S, Florida St.

Their are a few good WR's this year but their hard to rank right now.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Our "GENIUS" front office has never seen the franchise win a superbowl, so I guess all their expert work has really never paid off.

What's the problem with someone giving their opinion on players or a franchise's direction? Daytraders in the stock market make a living by not listening to what all the "EXPERTS" say to do. Sometimes the experts aren't always right. This is a football forum, it should be ok for people to give their opinion about the front office or players. Unless you suggest this should just be a place for kiss *** fans to come and pucker up and say that all Titans activities are great and should never be questioned by us lowly simpleton fans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Oh Alex....

Your so funny when you get uppity...but watch that little vein in your forehead.

4. The Playmaker

Yet you didn't admit he was wrong.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Oh. He's wrong. I'm right. I'm always right.

6. The Playmaker

Okay finally an answer.

I would love to move this to smack.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I'm just feeling a little onry ;)

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

until rolltide can understand that we weren't/didn't want to draft a "true RB" this thread will continue to build posts stating the same things over and again.

tide... you just said we were fine at RB... good. i agree. that is why we drafted an offensive PLAYMAKER. that is not an insult to RB's the world over... no... it is a term referring to a player that can do a multitude of things of things well and has the ability every time he touches the football to go the distance that just happens to have RB in front of his name.

forget the RB in front of his name. he will catch as many balls as he has carries.. he will return as many kickoffs/punts as he catches the ball/carries. i don't know why i expect you to understand this now... after 10 pages you still can't even see the other side of the argument.

you complained a bout reggie bush's stats
    reggie has over 2500 yrds and 15 tds total for his first two years in the league. he has caught 161 balls in two years.

do you understand what a nightmare that is for LBs?
    do you forget he was brought in as a compliment to Deuce?
    how is their offensive production?
    do you notice ... miraculously... that it really turned on when reggie bush came to town?
    no he isn't a standard RB... but he isn't supposed to be. there are different types of players at the RB posistion... and not all of the time they have to be ball- pounders for the offense to be productive.

but you cant understand that and probably never will.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is a highly amusing post. Despite a completely irrelevant comparison with day traders going against what the experts say, you still manage to contradict yourself.

You, and many others, complained because we DIDN'T draft who the 'experts' said we should draft. :rolleyes:

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Sounds like every chick I've ever dated. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar