Johnson sees bigger runs ahead

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Chris Johnson’s rushing average of 3.3 yards on 50 carries through two weeks may not look too impressive, but he raised a good point on Thursday: It beats the heck out of last year’s start.

Johnson rushed 19 times for 21 yards in the first two games of last season and his stats stood at 33 carries for 45 yards (1.45 yards per carry) after three contests in 2012.

But Johnson exploded for 141 yards in Week Four last season, and proceeded to go over 95 yards in five of the next six weeks as well. He finished the 2012 season with a 4.5-yard average, his best since 2009.

“It will come,” Johnson said of his average this year. “It’s a long season.”

Johnson’s long run through two games is 16 yards, but he thinks a longer run is in the near future.

“In both of (the first two games), there were opportunities for the big one,” Johnson said. “I just have to keep working. I’m not out looking for the big run. I’ll let it come to me.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I thought for sure he was going to bust one against the Texans. And one big play would've been the difference in the game too.

We have got to get our passing game going. We need big plays from somewhere. And it's going to be tough for them to come from CJ as long as defenses don't respect Jake and are stacking the box.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I completely agree with that and I hope we can get some play action in there. I know I have been saying it all week but that will help both sides of the ball. It's hard to run when they put 8 in the box because they know we are going to run the ball. C'Mon Locker!!!

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I don't want to see CJ trying to hit the home run all day. Just keep picking up solid yards, and the big ones will come with time. It will be better for the team that way.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He had the space on one run had he stayed outside. Britt was out there blocking and he cut back inside.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

thats why he had to cut back inside

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Might be the same play but I saw one play. He had a HUGE hole to his right and slowed down danced and cut back inside (to the left) right into a defender

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Let me guess cj1yd, 3k yards this season? How about we focus on consistency above 4 yards per carrry first.

Thanks bro.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

What the hell are you talking about? 3k?

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Its called sarcasm. Cj1yd is always making predictions on how great he will be. Thats just my way of saying i will believe it when i see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar