Johnson sees bigger runs ahead

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Yeah we have played 2 top defenses and the Chargers are no slouch in run d either. In order to get CJ going we need to get the pass game going and this is the week to start.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Considering almost 80% of CJ's highlights are thanks to Britt sealing someone off- you look kind of silly posting this.

And CJ had 2 opportunities for huge runs. For whatever reason- both times he cut inside directly to a tackler. Made no sense. Like... it's HARD to not go outside in football once you're in space. Instinctually- you go outside. Yet... he did the opposite. Was weird.

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

He said that....

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

80% lol Britt was probably injured and not on the field for 40% of them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I noticed one in particular against the Texans where he did that. It looked like a sure home run, or at the very least a huge gain. But he bounced it back inside for some reason. Wonder if it's a situation where all last season and during the offseason he was told "just take what's there... don't always look to bounce it outside" and now it's just messed with his head.

Kinda like how VY was after his first or second year. He was criticized him for taking off too early and not going through his progressions. Then after that it was almost like he was afraid to run.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Someone on here is going to criticize him regardless of what he does. If he breaks one, we want him to be a grind it out guy. When he grinds it out, we are all "y u no big run cj1k?"

He has ran well so far, against 2 really good defenses. When he does break some runs, that average will go up.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think :cj:will be fine. He has done pretty good so far considering who he has been against.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Croom has been all over CJ to quit trying to bounce everything outside. You can see why if you watch CJ's 58 yd TD run against Washington in the first preseason game. Rambo assumed (like defenders have over the last few seasons) that CJ would try to beat him to the sideline. This is why he looked so bad when CJ cut it back inside. After the 2,000 yard season, defenders finally figured out the correct angle to take on him. CJ will be a better RB as a result of Croom's suggestions imo. True, he may very well miss a few home runs as a result, but he'll also get more yards on many carries than he would if he still had the "gotta get to the sideline" mentality. CJ had become too predictable in Croom's eyes. I gotta agree with him.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think a lot of you are right in that Croom wants CJ running North-South as much as possible so we dont have him dancing in the backfield trying to bounce outside and instead take a 2-3 yd loss and put us in 2nd and 13 or 3rd and 8 (instead of 3rd and 3). Sure CJ should probably bounce more outside once he's 5-15yds past the LOS but as long as he's running north-south early on, we'll be fine!

And not to bash CJ in any way, but he's lost a step and lost a little burst from his CJ2k year. He's still a fast RB with a high burst but we need to give him the blocking...and hopefully, we will!!! And frankly, if we opened up the offense a bit more, we might see CJ get close to or back to 2k.

I see good things coming!!!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Agree with everything you've said but CJ also looks really indecisive back there. Watching Jamaal Charles last night reminded me of how CJ used to hit the hole (not that I think Charles is faster or better). I love CJ's patience but he's been waiting a little too long lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar