Johnson to Run Away from Fast Food

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryangm2123, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Athletes who make that kind of money with their bodies, should have a staff which includes a dietician, personal chef, physical therapist, a driver, as well as an engineer in bioscience to test their home for the optimal air quality levels for healthy living.

The longer they can maintain their health, the longer they alone can make more money than many businesses ever do.

Eating god knows what in public houses and being at the mercy of a teenager cooking in the back room of a fast food joint is risky behavior not worth what they have to lose...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This is yet another case on gotitans.com where people can't grasp the point that's being made, but instead turn it in to 5 pages of arguing about something that no one even wanted to argue in the first place.

He's not saying McDonalds isn't unhealthy. No one is. But most your 'fresh prepared' meals ARE NOT HEALTHY either.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Shut up. It's just another case of Hoffa getting it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

well, we all know why he was eating like that.....

[​IMG]

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fast food restaurants don't make anyone do anything.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Marketing prods people to get down to the McDonalds.. If it was not somewhat effectual they wouldn't bother with paying for ads. The only reason I'm posting at this moment, as I am kinda tired of the topic honestly, is just to clarify that those are not my words you have quoted. They belong to someone on another page involved in a similar discussion and that is their opinion, not necessarily mine. However, I would like to point out that they stopped short of saying "make" or "force"... McDonalds just provides meals that are extremely high in fat and very caloritic. They happen to be advertised a great deal. People have choices but marketing is a tool that is persuasive. It's hard to argue against that.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstfood.html

Let's sum up this discussion this way. The choices a person makes in what they eat determines how healthy they will be. To uniformly bash one group of restaurants is stupid.

SEC has used numerous posts to basically prove nothing while libeling a company that has been around over 50 years. He has provided no facts, no figures just a lot of made up BS about some simon legree character at mcdonalds slipping killer chemicals into the food with no proof. Lamo!

The above link provides some data on outrageously high fat meals and almost all of them are at casual dining restaurants not fast food outlets.

We used to own stock in brinker international the company that owns chilis, macaroni grill, on the border, cozymels. We used to eat at macaroni grill often and i would order the spaghetti and meatballs one of my all time favorite meals. I had no idea the meal provided 2300 calories!

Now according to sec those 2300 calories are ok because macaroni grill is not a fast food place. I previously used the example of a chilis hamburger that comes in at 1700 calories and an outback appetizer with over 2000 calories. The above link will tell you that the lo mein at PF changs is over 1800 calories.

I choose to make educated choices rather than just bash an entire industry.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

RollTide, not that this proves anything but I'd like to hear you comment on it.

http://www.rense.com/general79/beef.htm

rense.com

Why You Should Not
    Eat McDonalds Beef
    David W. Forrest, Ph.D
    11-9-7

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the issues here. But to those of us who who's living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best beef possible... this is frustrating. As far as my family, we don't eat at McDonald's much (Subway is our choice of fast food), but this will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association. American cattle producers are very passionate about this. McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact felt.

Please pass it on. Just to add a note, all Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow.

South Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various hormones and growth regulators that we can't.

The American public needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's. American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what Americans deserve to eat, not beef from countries where quality is loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry, but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line. I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

David W. Forrest, Ph.D., PAS, Dipl. ACAP Department of Animal Science Texas A&M University College Station, TX 77843-2471

Email [email protected]

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mcdbeef.asp

Also from that site

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I doubt that happens often. I really doubt a franchise condones that kind of behavior and encourages it. You're acting like each Wendy's branch has a poster on the wall ordering employees to toss floor licked patties into the chili pot.

Besides.. that probably happened once. And your thoughtless buddy who probably snatches old ladies purses when he's not beating up his baby sister wanted to show off and act stupid.

And I doubt its just Wendy's chili which is abused by pimple faced teens. I've heard of kids that piss and spit in Pepsi machines, and pubes finding their way in fillets served at five star restaurants.

Does she hold your hand when you cross the street too?

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar