Jon Gruden for our new coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clayriddick, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If he did win with Dungy's team, he played his old team in the Super Bowl... So the only reason scrub Callahan's team made the Super Bowl was because of Gruden. Also, how about the tuck rule screwing Gruden? Gotta take that into account as well.

He's a million times better than Munchak. How've the Raiders and Bucs done since Gruden left them?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would much rather have Gruden than Munchak but chances of Gruden leaving the booth are pretty slim right now. If he's looking around, then yes I would love to have him.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'd rather have VY coach the team than Munchak at this point.

4. rodgev

rodgev Starter

At least Gruden has Emotion and he seems knowledgable

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Munch showed plenty of emotion last week lol

And emotion dont mean **** when it comes to coaching.... its just how the coach carries themselves.

I dont see why Gruden would come here, he has nothing to prove and the only people that would come here would be for money, lack of options, or they had something to prove. Hes good on all 3 there.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why do people automatically shoot down Dungy, Cowher, Gruden, ect?

Because those guys could call about 27 teams in the NFL and be hired immediately, so why would they pick a ****** team like this one? Those guys have it made sitting at a desk for about three hours a day. Who would trade that to coach this scrap heap?

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really don't think our team needs much in terms of players. In all honesty, I think we would be a pretty good gig especially with a high pick coming up and plenty of cap.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think we have pieces, but none of them are key pieces.

A strong offensive line? Nope. A strong defensive line? Nope. A franchise QB? Probably not.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

yea I mean, we need a good defensive end to shore up the line and rebuild the interior OL.

I am not saying all we need is a good coach and we are playoff bound, but out of all the teams that will be getting a new head coach in 2-3 years........we are probably in the best shape.

10. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

pretty much say it all
    Mike Munchak 5 vote(s) 10.4%
    * Jon Gruden 20 vote(s) 41.7%
    Bill Cowher 8 vote(s) 16.7%
    Herm Edwards 1 vote(s) 2.1%
    Nick Saban 2 vote(s) 4.2%
    Andy Reid 6 vote(s) 12.5%
    Mike Holmgren 0 vote(s) 0.0%
    Chip Kelly(Oregon) 5 vote(s) 10.4%
    Brian Kelly(Notre Dame) 1 vote(s) 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar