Jon Gruden for our new coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clayriddick, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

A sack of dog crap is better than Munch.

He still has a similar career record to Fisher.

Jeff Fisher = 53%
    Jon Gruden = 54%

Both have 5 career playoff wins.

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I'd rather take a shot on Chip Kelly

3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

seen a clip of Gruden on the NFL channel a few weeks ago. He was talking to one of his rookies on the Bucs. He told the guy if he didn't step up and start making plays "he would be out of there faster than a quick ****. *farting noise* and its over."

Funniest thing I have ever heard a head coach say.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

All correct.

However, Gruden is 5/11 on making the playoffs and only has three losing seasons. He's 5-4 in the playoffs.

Fisher is 6/18 on making the playoffs and has six losing seasons (seven if he loses this weekend).
    He's 5-6 in the playoffs and hasn't won a playoff game since January 2004.

Gruden is a better coach than Fisher. There's no way around that.

Bill Parcells also has a similar win percentage to Fisher. Would you compare Parcells to Fisher just because they have similar records?

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

To me it's nearly obvious.... Those are the absolutely crucial elements. Everything else is supplemental.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Any coach with a 15+ year career will have a similar win percentage. Some more some less, obviously. Playoff success is the defining factor. And length between good seasons. Fisher had 6-game losing streaks in 3/4 seasons before we finally canned him. I can't think of any other coach with that statistic and a job.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There are so many unknown variables afoot here that to think with absolute conviction that Gruden does better in TN than Fisher is absurd.
    Gruden inherited an already very good team in Tampa and The Raiders that he inherited were better than this team is currently.

The stat that counts most - no HC has won a Super Bowl with two teams. NOT ONE.
    This says everything about the importance of the players you have and straight up luck.

9. bikini_titan

bikini_titan Camp Fodder

Gruden (Chucky) would put some fire back into the OL and DL. :chairwack: He's got my vote!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

and then when he fails, he'd have Ruston Webster under fire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar