Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

UT looked at every qualification Dooley had except the one that mattered the most. Actual college head coach success.

Yes Dooley is young, articulate, well educated. Yes he worked for Nick Saben and yes his dad was a legendary coach at Georgia who won a national title. All very impressive.

But the bottom line is that after 3 years of working his magic at La Tech he could not even average 6 wins a year! Results matter more than anything else! This time learn from your mistakes and hire a coach with proven results!

Urban Myer had proven results at Bowling Green and Utah when Florida hired him. Hire a coach with real proven results!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mark Hudspeth

That's a guy i would look to interview also. He has been successful at 2 different southern schools. North Alabama and Louisiana Lafayette. Almost beat Florida on saturday. His record as a head coach is 80-29, he is 44 and was an OC at Navy and coached Wrs at Miss St.

He knows how to recruit in the south and he wins.

3. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Tenn needs a higher salary cap

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3053

Whoever the new coach is he will already be working from behind because Bray-Patterson-Hunter will all be gone and Dooley didn't recruit a single top 100 player.

Alabama got 6 of the rivals top 100 players and LSU and Florida each got 4 but Dooley none for UT.

2 kids on that list are from Tennessee. A DB from Brentwood academy who is going to USC(Kiffin still f*cking UT?) and a kid from Memphis who signed with LSU. An offensive linemen from Huntsville signed with Bama.

Dooley can't compete with the top sec schools for the best players. He sucks!

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't know if Bray goes this year. I think his status has dropped. He is not going to interview well at this point in time and I think it'll hurt hist stock even more when he starts that process. His latest headline comment is "I get paid to make plays". He really needs one more year of maturity and I am normally one to say if a player can be an early pick and make money they should go pro as juniors.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dooley gives him BJs for making plays.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A coach like Sonny Dykes or Gus Malzahn would be reason enough for Bray to stay one more year. And he would put up nice numbers with either of them.

Right now i don't see how anybody would want to use a 2nd rd pick on Bray given the leadership and toughness he has lacked in his career.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What makes you think he wants the job?

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bray would be smart to stay one more year. There are 7-10 QBs coming out that right now are projected to go in the first 3 rounds and right now Bray is probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He can stay another year, improve his stock and make it into the 1st round next year.

I'm not sure were this idea came from that Gruden would be a stud magnet. Sure he has some recognition as a coach which might help early on but he is taking over a college program in disarray and there is no guarantee he can be successful. He hasn't coached since 2009 and although he has been an assistant coach in college he was never a HC in college. Some coaches thrive in a college atmosphere while some do not. So there is little correlation between success in the pros to college or visa versa. I suppose if Gruden really was motivated to give it a shot he might be worth considering but I'd think his best bet is to go back to the NFL were he had success.

RollTide an I agree. Find a real good college coach who is ready to move up. Dooley was average at best before coming to UT. Not a good hire.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Bray needs to go he is part of the problem. Guy is not a winner. One more failed drug test and he is gone. He is the kind of guy that will test positve for drugs before the combine. Dooley is a guy that finds new ways to lose each week.

Bray reminds me of billy volek, he puts up great stats when the game is out of hand or the opposition is week. He does not win games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar