Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Be wary of the big name. A while back Michigan passed up a promising coach at Central Michigan named Brian Kelly to hire a big name, Rich Rodriguez.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I heard UT has been talking with Mike Gundy.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Would be a good one if they can get him. I have a feeling T. Boone Pickens will pay big to keep Gundy.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

5. RavensShallBurn

Strong would be a great hire.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Charlie Strong would be an excellent hire. If they guy can make Louisville competitive...

7. World Peace

He says that he isn't leaving Louisville... I doubt it though.

Strong is a good guy and a good coach. He made a comment in a press conference a few weeks ago about Louisville being undefeated and they still couldn't sell out the stadium. Like, it wasn't even close to being a sell out. My buddy sat up in the top level and he said there were only 50-100 people up there with him.. In all of the upper level sections on that side of the stadium.

In fact, the only sell out is this season was the UK vs UL game. A few years ago, they just added another upper deck to the stadium? Why? I'll never know.. because Louisville has always had trouble filling up their stadium for Big East football games... so why add more seats?\

I just dont understand it because in the past.. for example 2005, when UL won the Orange Bowl.. The stadium stayed packed for everygame. I'm starting to believe it was because there was so much local homegrown talent on the field. For example, you had Brian Brohm from Louisville as QB and Michael Bush from Louisville at RB. There were also several lineman with local ties. Strongs recruiting classes are all from states like Florida and Georgia and have no local ties. Does stuff like this really make a difference?

Won't be surprised if Strong leaves... He has been looked at for 2-3 SEC jobs including the Auburn and Arkansas job.

8. RavensShallBurn

Half my family lives in Louisville... I went to their game against UConn Thanksgiving weekend. It was a total joke. They had their worst game of the year since apparently I'm bad luck, but the fans were bailing almost right away because it was too cold. My cousin got pissed and left too, so I went along with him - since I'm not a U of L fan and don't care about them.

Of course, I would end up missing a 3OT game.

Basketball, on the other hand... they're all really hardcore into that from what I've seen.

9. World Peace

I live there now. You are right.. The UCONN game was a joke... When i heard people were leaving because it is cold.. that just tells you Wishy Washy the football fanbase is...

About Basketballl:
    I listen to sports radio up here and last year.. I heard a guy call in during the beginning of UL basketball's big east schedule.. When they got routed by 30+ by a team of nobodies from Providence.

The caller is in tears saying "I spent all of my families discretionary income on cardinal basketball tickets and now I can't give the d#amn tickets away... My kids don't wanna go see a horrible team and I just don't wanna waste the time with it" It was an epic call because he was sobbing the whole time.

He then went on this huge rant about how Rick Pitino needs to be fired and how this brand new arena they just built did nothing but hurt and isolate the fanbase. He then goes on about how he isn't renewing his season tickets. Then he was like..

"When you drive in lou, you see this big sign that says the best college sports town in America"... "He goes, WTF do you mean? Our football team sucks, the basketball team sucks.. no one shows up to any of the games and they built all of these brand new facilities for a team that has a shrinking fan base.

Keep in mind, he's still in tears..

Then he ends the call with "The Cards just frickin SUCK!" then you hear the dial tone...

Sure, he made a poor financial decision and was regretting it then, and I'm sure he was much happier when UL went to the Final Four and UL making it to the Sugar Bowl. Wonder if he renewed those season tickets.

Also, I wonder if this is how hardcore UTjr fans feel about their college... I'll give UTjr credit.. they do bring people their games even when they do suck. That's alluring for a head coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

That was Alex being a dick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar