Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 26, 2012.

1. World Peace

World Peace n/a

Charlie Strong has 4 million reasons not to coach at UTjr lol
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Butch Jones may be your guy lol
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, I don't want this Butch guy.
  4. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Oh yeah they gonna bring in one of the few coaches in the nation Dooley was able to out coach and beat!!!
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Done deal. I was sick of all the rumors anyway and at least I am relieved of that. Let the s**t slinging begin!
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not much Facebook love for Butch.
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

Who sounds like the idiot now??? They settled for a reject, similar to the dooley situation, because they could not get any of their top choices. Gruden never considered the possibility for a second, I'm guessing. He's got it made. I am a complete outsider to the situation, and it seems fairly obvious.

When the good coaches rejected UT. It was what it was. No smokescreens, just a slap in the face of the UT program, and I totally understand why UT fans are mad about the situation. It's about as bad as our Munchak situation.

(Note that I am not ever one to call someone an idiot, but one good turn deserves another)

Best of luck to Jones as he starts a big uphill battle. He wasn't groundbreaking, but he had a decent run at Cinci.
    The fact remains that great coaches don't often want the task of building a broken franchise from the ground up, even in good conferences. Indiana and Illinois in the B10, etc. are still not enviable programs although they are in a good conference.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I think Jones is a good offensive guy. It remains to be seen what he does with the defense and staff there. I will reserve conclusive comments so I don't look like an idiot but have no problem with anyone else doing it.