Jones Agrees to Terms, Fisher Released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I like the white uniform in the bottom pic.

But the green&yellow doesn't work for me.

Nothing beats boise state's blue field though.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Oregon Ducks have the worst uniforms in sports history. Anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. Saying you like them is as embarrassing as coming out and saying you think the Backstreet Boys make the best music out there. Why would you admit something like that?

Search Google and you will find literally hundreds of articles that criticize their terrible uniforms, some of them written by design professionals. Seriously, do it. In under 10 seconds I found articles from legitimate sources like CBS, AOL, Deadspin and more who all called them the worst uniforms in college football.

I admit that Oregon's colors are nice (the green and yellow at least... there's no reason for them to also have black and metallic silver). Also, their logo is iconic. After that, unfortunately, every single element of the uniforms is terrible.

The crazy silver diamond plating... what does that have to do with ducks? Maybe if the team was called the Oregon Scaffolding it would make sense. The number font is ultra-futuristic and it is intentionally (yes, intentionally) warped on the jerseys so that it's smaller at the bottom. A 5 year-old would know better than to do that. My blind grandma could do better using Word Art. The names on the back of the jerseys (see below) are impossible to see because they are almost the same color as the jersey. Who thought that was a good idea?
    [​IMG]
    The pants have the word Oregon on them, but it's oriented in such a way that you can only read it when a player is lying flat on his back. Awesome!

Sadly, Oregon has allowed itself to be Nike's guinea pig when it comes to uniform design because Nike's CEO is an Oregon alum.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oregon looks like they're sponsered by BP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar