Jones arrested (not Pacman)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

doesnt seem like a big deal

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

“Today I was cited for carrying a handgun when going through security at Nashville International Airport," Jones said. “Obviously I did not know I was carrying my gun. This morning I grabbed a bag and placed my clothing in the bag, then rushed to the airport. I had forgotten that the last time I had used the bag was when I went target shooting. "

yeah ... right

ALWAYS check your carry on, I do it at least twice before leaving for the airport and once more while waiting to go through checkpoint

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Agree no big deal. Still a pretty careless move though.

5. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

if they let him get on the plane then i would assume it could have been ALOT worse

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

Nothing to worry about. Would have been hilarious if it was Adam

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am actually surprised this is a misdemeanor considering post 9-11 laws.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This reminds me of my mom realizing she had her gun in her purse at the airport AFTER we made it through security.
    Makes you feel safe, eh?

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Like everyone else, I think it's not a big deal. But I am surprised it's a misdemeanor.

10. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

Brandon Jones Arested!!

TITANS WIDEOUT BUSTED ON GUN CHARGE
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 13, 2008, 6:12 p.m.
    It’s not news that a Titans player named “Jones” has been arrested. It is news that his first name isn’t Adam.

Receiver Brandon Jones was busted on Friday morning at Metro Nashville Airport for misdemeanor possession of an unlawful firearm.

Jones, a third-round draft pick in the same 2005 draft that brought the “other” Jones to Nashville, has issued a statement explaining the incident and apologizing for it. He says that he grabbed a bag containing the .32 caliber handgun, as he was packing for a flight to Arizona. He had forgotten that the gun was in the bag.

“I fully cooperated with authorities who confiscated the handgun at the security gate,” Jones said. ”I have a license for the handgun and a permit for carrying one. Realizing that I was not intentionally carrying the handgun nor did I have any intention of harming anyone, I was allowed to board my airplane and continue my travels.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar