Jones Facing Felony Charge in Georgia

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If someone started shooting because his 'employer' told him so they have serious mental issues and deserve to go to jail.

As far as I am concern (and I am sure the law backs me up) you can't hide behind 'orders' as a reason to shoot. (This isn't the military).

Plus if he is a fully licensed bodyguard I am sure he would have been taught when to open fire/shoot/etc.

That is a matter of perception and bongo has bias against Pacman.

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

It's not even an excuse in the military.

3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Yes, even in the military you don't have to follow "unlawful orders".

But it might hurt your street cred.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny please..

they have serious mental issues and deserve to go to jail.
    -----------------------------------

Mental issues? How about just being criminally inclined? Like tony soprano and pauley walnuts. Or if you will don corleone and luca braza. John gotti and sammy the bull gravano? There are bad people in this world you know..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

isn't that what I said? you think a normal person would just shoot someone for the sake of it?

get off the TV Roll, you are not making any sense.

6. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Guilty or innocent doesn't matter at this point. This guy is a lightning rod for trouble, and he always will be. Whatever cap hit we take to get him out of the Titans organization will be well worth it, even if it cosos us wins [that hurt to say].

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Your right, id rather look like a good boy than go after a ring:rolleyes:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

From the nfl conduct policy..

"It will be considered conduct detrimental for Covered Persons to engage in (or to aid, abet or conspire to engage in or to incite) violent and/or criminal activity. Examples of Prohibited Conduct include, without limitation: any crime involving the use or threat of physical violence to a person or persons;"
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what doesn't potentially apply to pacman..

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It does potentially apply to Pacman. If it can be proved that he made threats or that he "ordered" the shooting he will be subject to punishment by the NFL under this policy. However he would also be subject to punishment from the law, which is (or at least ought to be) a lot worse.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

is there something you know the rest of us don't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar