Jones Facing Felony Charge in Georgia

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

*sigh*

not again...i feel like I am stuck in some sort of Titan-nightmare-groundhog-day episode....another day, another Pacman incident...

ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bottomline for me is either he plays for us or no one else...i'd gladly take a cap hit and one less roster spot to keep him away from other teams...

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You just answered your own question. We don't know anything about what happened in Vegas, whereas in this case the police have filed charges and gone public on the case. The Vegas story is crap because we only have testimony from a clubowner, who wasn't there and has every reason to try and deflect blame for the shooting and Pac's publicist, who, although actually present that night, has every reason to make Pac look innocent.

No he was actually arrested last year if you read the story, but it didn't go to court before now.

And before we get to excited I'd just like to point out that an arrest and a charge does not make you guilty by default, but it's certainly a lot more troublesome than unsubstantiated allegations.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think that's probably accurate. Had he punched an officer he would be facing more serious charges than obstruction.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

here's an idea, read Vigsted's post, he's basically saying the same thing you did, that we can't trust either account and therefor we don't really know what happened. He's just going from there to saying that we can't use the Vegas incident against Pac until we do have the facts on it.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Maybe you and RollTide should take courses in understanding what people are writing, rather than just put your own spin on it.

I'm saying the stuff we read in the newspaper about what supposedly happened in Vegas is crap, because it has no proof, direct or indirect, whatsoever. And that goes for both sides of the story.

In this case however the police have filed charges and are looking to prosecute, which makes it infinitetly more likely to be the actual truth. Of course I'm not suggesting the police are infallible, but luckily it's a rare circumstance that they're completely wrong.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman..

Read your own damn post you said they probably strong armed him and he didn't do anything..

As far a sympathy for him why? He's rich, famous and has more talent than 99% of all players. The world is his if he would just behaive like most of the rest of us who don't get arrested every other week.

I have spent almost no time posting on the various pacman bash boards about when he will go to jail etc. I only took a position about him after three people were shot. I'm not sympathetic of him i think he is a moron for wasting his talent .

I take information as it comes and apply what i believe to be normal logical and moral approach to these issues.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I read his post genius. He said the story is crap. He doesnt know that, and neither do you. It is presumptious to assume any of the stories are, or are not crap at this point. So no, he didnt say the same thing as me. Here is an idea for you, learn reading comprehension.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Excuse me, maybe you need to write what you mean. I read what you wrote, and interpreted it exactly as you wrote it. It isnt my fault you dont make yourself clear. The police are still investigating the Vegas situation, so you have no idea which story, or if both stories are "crap". Sorry, thats what you said, and that is something you dont know. Dont criticize me for your inability to make yourself clear.

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

You're both arguing that we don't have enough information to make a judgement, the only difference is that Vigsted is saying we should ignore it because of that, which I kinda do agree with at this point when talking about Pac's history, because we can't make a decent assessment of his involvement, therefor using the Vegas incident (which right now I think everyone should agree we have very little reliable evidence since I don't think anyone really trusts either account completely) is jumping to conclusions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar