Jones Facing Felony Charge in Georgia

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

dg..

I was wondering the same thing. Why are the club owners and employees considered the bad guys here? We have yet to see the testimony or comments from the shooting victims. That would be interesting..

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well unless it was one of his employees who opened fire then no, he wouldnt be responsible. And even if it was one of his employees, he most likely still wouldnt be held liable at all, since that employee would be acting beyond the duties of his job.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ooch..

Are there any statements or comments made by witnesses that have contradicted the owners version of events?

No.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

how bout the publicist's account? I don't see why that's seen as so much less credible than the owners, I don't really believe either, it'll be interesting to see what the police find, for all practical purposes, that's all that matters.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hmmm. maybe because she works for him...naw that isn't it :rolleyes:

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

A publicist job is to make the story appear favorable, or at least less damaging to their client. Does that automatically mean she is lieing? Of course not. But I dont think it can be argued that her job more or less depends on her making the situation less damaging as possible to Pac Man.

Plus the fact she let her client get thrown under the bus for a week before saying anything, would kind of indicate that it took her a week to come up with this story. Just speculation on my part, but it makes no sense to have your client's name driven into the ground for a whole week before you offer up a differing take on what happened.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't forget...

Pacman jones was fined $100,000 and suspended for one game for an incident in a murfreesboro bar that he was cleared of criminal charges for. This is not just what crimes he has or has not committed or can get away with. The team and league are looking at his behavior.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

after 4 pages, RT, everyone is pretty clear on your position...

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

:ha: :grrhee: :ha: :grrhee:

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

mor·al /ˈmɔrəl, ˈmɒr-/ –adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical 2. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.

e·go·cen·tric /ˌigoʊˈsɛntrɪk, ˌɛgoʊ-/ –adjective 1. having or regarding the self or the individual as the center of all things: an egocentric philosophy that ignores social causes. 2. having little or no regard for interests, beliefs, or attitudes other than one's own; self-centered: an egocentric person; egocentric demands upon the time and patience of others.

Imposing moral codes or judgements on another person implies a degree of egocentricity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar