Jones Facing Felony Charge in Georgia

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

wow busting out the definitions.. this is getting serious

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I think many questions need to be answered about both the incidents. No one knows for sure what happened in Vegas and until the police report on the investigation no one will. Why would the club owner lie about Pacman and I'm not saying he did but the employee that was shot IS going to sue someone. The owner could be sued for numerous reasons(unsafe work enviroment, not enough security for this type event etc.) or Pacman who has lots of money would be a better target than the owner but only if he was actually involved in the incident so the owner may want Pac to take the fall. As for the Ga. incident, having been in law enforcement for a few years I know that officers really get upset when a young rich guy gives them a hard time, they can get very very physical very fast. Many times when the DA gets the case he might not see the evidence for a conviction especially if the officers went overboard. I hope we can release Pac but if he is not suspended by the league he will sign with another team within 48hrs. Keep him unless the NFL does what they should which is suspend him for 12 or 24 months and see if he can mature enough to come back to the NFL.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

To answer why the clubowner has a reason to lie (again, not saying he is, but that he could be) you have to look at two things:
    1) One of his employees were shot while doing his work, while I don't know American law on this, it would not be uncommon for the employer to have to pay compensation.
    2) As far as I know, the shooting did a bit of damage to the club as well.

Now if the clubowner can get Pacman held responsible not only might he escape paying some compensation to the victims, he could probably also cash in a little himself. But better yet, if he can create enough bad press maybe Pacman or the NFL will pay him and the victim to keep quiet, it's been done before, so you can't rule it out.

Again, I'm not saying this is what he is doing, but it's a possibility that you need to acknowledge when you consider his statements.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If the club owner has insurance then the workman's comp should be a non issue to him, as insurance should pay that. And I would suspect that also applies to the damage to the building. And secondly, I dont believe that the club owner gets out of workman's comp, just because someone else is sued. The employee still got injured at work doing his job, which to me, seems as if it would still make him eligible for workman's comp. But I am no expert on that matter. But I dont think he has any real reasons to lie.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I don't know why, but the idea of getting worker's comp. at a Strip Club cracks me up... guess i'm just imagining Strippers falling off poles and stuff...

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

leg burn:))

8. I don't think we're going to get the real anwsers from what went on that night in Vegas for awhile.Everyday i hop on the News channel websites to see if anything new has come up and all i ever see is crazy shootings.One neighbor shoots the other cause his dog has been urniating on his lawn for over a year,2 cops got gunned down in a shootout at a bank its crazy.The cops there seem like they got the hands full and aren't in any rush to get anwsers.So i think it'll take a bit before we find out the real truth

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

In RollTides world you pretty much exonerated him.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He has plenty of reasons to lie.

One major one being that no one will go to his club anymore. Negative publicity is not going to attract the customers, especially a shooting.
    So he is looking for a compensation payout which will have him sitting the life of luxury in Florida.
    Plus this guy is clearly shifting the blame onto Pacman, even though he wasn't there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar