Jones Moving Closer to Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR Brandon Jones was the Titans most productive rookie among the three receivers drafted in 2005 before tearing his right anterior cruciate ligament Nov. 27 against the San Francisco 49ers. As the Titans close in on completing their first week of training camp, Jones is working hard on the sidelines so he can rejoin his teammates on the field. "He's very close. I don't want to say days or weeks, but somewhere in there," Fisher said. "We'll be able to start to get him back and ease him back into practice. I don't think he is ready to work twice a day yet. But he's one of the first guys we've had, I think, on PUP (physically unable to perform list) that had an ACL the year before and come back and work at camp. He's actually cramped up and we've had to put him on an IV because he has worked so hard. He's that close. He's really that close to coming back." Jones has dropped 10 pounds during hie rehab and plans on making a return before the end of the preseason. "It is just a matter of waiting," said Jones. "I don't want to rush it and get back out there too soon. I just want to get my confidence back."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

just keep him out for most of the season, work him back slowly, we already know from past experiences that he probably wont be 100% back...although if brought back he wont have the same problem dropping passes like calico

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If they don't PUP him the first six weeks of the season, it may mean they don't have much confidence in WR depth.

Calico may make the final 53 if they PUP Jones and give him six games to make or break his career.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I agree Jeff keep Jones out the 1st 6 weeks and this may give Calico time to build his coinfidence that he by all reports is having problems with. If he could get some playing time understands he is healthy and make some catches he might come into his own. It's a chance worth taking with the talent he has and gives Jones more time to heal. Great idea Jeff!

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I would definitely PUP Jones. We don't want Calico Part II to happen.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I does make sense to PUP Jones for the first 6 weeks. There is a chance that one of the other 6 WRs will either get hurt or not play well in that time frame and we have a bye in week 7.

I can't imagine that there wouldn't be some confidence in our WR depth. Wade has looked good, Roby and Williams are in their second year and showed promise last year and we have solid starters in Bennett and Givens. If Calico shows anything I see no reason to rush Jones back.

I think Jones has worked his butt off to get out there and Fisher is willing to give him a chance so we will see.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If he's on the PUP list now, can they still play him the 1st 6 weeks? I thought PUP automatically put you out for 6 weeks.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Jones looks good doing his individual workout at camp. He's running and catching without a hitch. He's going to be an amazing receiver.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just don't want him coming back to early and having the same issues Tyrone Calico has had.

10. H Man

H Man Guest

With modern techniques and therapies, many return quickly and seem to have their speed back running at practice, but when put in a game look like they're running in mud compared to other players on the field. Injury concerns aside, who has come back from an ACL the following year, and been productive? I can't think of any right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar