Jones Moving Closer to Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no one had, but no one is expected to either.

Edge took over a year to get over his.

2. H Man

H Man Guest

As do most. They can get back on the field...just don't have the game speed, or quickness.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What you get is that straight line speed back but the cutting just isn't as sharp or quick. Seeing the potential Jones has, I would make sure he is given every opportunity to be close to form before throwing him out on the field.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, do we know for a fact that Jones had a complete tear, not just a partial tear? Depending on the amount of reconstructive surgery needed, the recovery time will obviously be faster. And then of course some people just recover faster than others.

With all the contraptions we have in medicine these days, you'd think it would be possible to assess the actual strength of the knee before clearing them 100%.

5. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

There is also a PUP/active list during training camp, which allows the player to begin practicing as soon as he's medically cleared. It does not restrict their availability during the regular season. These spots do count against the (training camp) roster limit, I believe.

I think the rule is, a player has to enter camp on that PUP/active list -- or the non-football injury/reserved list, like Waddell is on? -- in order to be eligible for the PUP/reserve list once the season starts (the one where you have to sit out the first six weeks but can be activated later).

I'm pretty sure you can decide to go ahead and PUP/reserve a player now to free up a roster spot, but then you are committed to losing that player for at least the first six weeks of the season.

Jones is still PUP/active.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Nend comes back to save the day. Thanks ;)

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

A PUPd player still counts against the TC maximum players requirement, I'm pretty sure. However, it does NOT count against the final 53.

I'm for keeping Jones on PUP until we need him or until week 6, whichever comes first. There is no reason to rush him back if our WRs are as good as we are being told. Orr could be a nice late find, in particular. We have:

Givens
    Bennett
    Wade
    Roby
    Williams
    Calico
    Orr

That's 7 already! One will have to be cut to bring Jones off of PUP. Might as well keep the others until that point (assuming we keep 7 WRs).

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Terrell Owens suffered a serious injury and came back in no time and had a productive Super Bowl game. Brandon is out there running, making cuts, etc. and says that he feels great. Daunte Culpepper and Carson Palmer came back fairly quick. Both of them are looking good in camp.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

TO broke a bone, which is a much faster recovery than ligament injuries. Palmer and Culpepper are better comparisons, although they're not expected to do the same range of movements as Jones is.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Palmer looks like robocop. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar