Jones Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff Member

SUMMARY: Pacman Jones was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week today. Jones scored his first career touchdown when he returned Chad Stanley’s punt for a 52-yard score in the third quarter, en route to a 13-10 win over the Texans. Jones touchdown was the Titans first punt return for a score since Justin McCareins 58-yard return at Atlanta (11/23/03). “It felt good to know that I’m getting better every game and I finally got to show it,” said Jones after the game. Jones currently ranks first in the NFL with a 12.9-yard punt return average with one touchdown and fifth in the league with a 26.5-yard kickoff return average. “That’s a big thing for me to be in the top one or two in both kickoff and punt returns and hopefully I can go to Hawaii one day,” said Jones.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

Good for him. He has worked hard(at least it seems like it) and has tons of potential.
  3. Ratt1118

Ratt1118 Camp Fodder

Pacman

I must admit, I did not think the kid had it in him..

But there is a great improvement. He is working real hard at his conerbacking skills too. Just maybe he might be a shutdown corner for the Titans in years to come...

way to go kid!!! keep up the good work...
  4. Hopefully, the first of many awards.
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

hey

that's great. If only our offense could put up a touchdown, we might win some games. Well, I'd be okay if we ended up like the Ravens of old. We've got a start with KVB and Bulluck.
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Pac might have many opportunities to take back a kick off this weekend. Certainly the Hawks will score more than the Texans. One TD return on a kickoff and he could move to the top of the league in those as well.
  7. Luke

Luke Camp Fodder

Congrats Pac, well earned. I know this sounds crazy, but in the future I could see Pac scoring 3 td's in one game 3 different ways, defensive td, return td, and offensive td. Definitely would win an award for that.
  8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

He'd be an MVP candidate if he made scoring in all three phases of the game a habit one day, thats for sure. :))
  9. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

He's definately all we wanted and much more as both a returner and cornerback and plays all 3 so well.

How he isnt a pro bowl candidate is a joke.
  10. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Gunny, don't you think it's a combination of his getting off to a slow start and the fact that our team's not doing so well this year?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.