Josh Freeman Released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Barnybyrd, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Because one of his issues just recently was him being upset about being a backup.

So bringing him in to be a backup would be a pretty bad decision.

He wants to start.
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

Well that aint happening anywhere this season. His best bet is to sign somewhere on a one year deal so it shows he can move on from this Bucs drama.
  3. 520

520 Starter

Jacksonville..

heres a prediction....
    he goes to san Francisco, keep keeps sucking, gets benched and freeman leads em into playoffs
  4. steverife

steverife Starter

I'm thinking he signs on as a backup for a Super Bowl contender, works hard, then gets a decent deal to a mediocre/crappy team next year.
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Bingo.

His best option is to go to a team with a clear, established starter but no good backup and rehabilitate his image for the rest of the year. Maybe he gets to start a game due to injury or when that team rests its starter late in the season and Freeman wins a game and looks good. Then, he signs with a new team in the off-season and gets to compete to start with a draft pick (like how the Bills signed Kevin Kolb and then drafted EJ Manuel). That's Freeman's best-case scenario.

Green Bay and San Fran seem like possibilities.
  6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

Probably because Freeman would laugh all the way out of the door to that idea.

If you were him... Wouldn't you?
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

IMO it would be beyond dumb for the Jagrags not to go after Freeman. Unless of course they've already got their sites set on the #1 pick.
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Glad the Titans are smart enough to stay away from this guy. Locker will be back after 3 games, we don't need this guy coming in and potentially screwing up a good thing we have going.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Carolina

Carolina Starter

I thought they just released...oh I get it...nice.
  10. Carolina

Carolina Starter

Here's a prediction, he and Vince Young open up a used car lot together and sell barbecue on the side.
    • High Five High Five x 1