Josh Gordon. Laugh. Out. Loud.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To be fair he probably wasn't "drunk", but was just over the limit

2. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I hope the kid gets it dropped and sees it as a wake-up call. I had a 225 lb friend who drank a 16oz Guinness with dinner and got a DUI. Guinness is 3.5% abv and less calories than Bud Light. Field breathalyzers are rigged.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

A lot of lawyers will advise you to not take the breathalyzer. In Florida you automatically lose your license for a year if you refuse, but they argue that you have no idea how often those things are maintained. Lose license for a year or get a DUI because the breathalyzer was inaccurate? You're choice.

4. alpreb

alpreb Starter

Huh, they don't take you to a police station and take a blood sample?
    That's dumb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

That doesn't change a thing. It's stupid as hell and 0.8 is a pretty high limit, there's only a few countries left which hasn't lowered it yet.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

In AL you can refuse the breathalyzer in lieu of the blood test. But you spend the night in the slammer while the result is obtained. And the cops can RUN real slow with that test if they don't like you. Or you can simply refuse ALL testing, get a DUI based off field sobriety testing which can be dismissed by a good lawyer if you're a decent citizen (no record etc). Either way, you're in the pokey for 24 hours with a DUI if you refuse the breathalyzer.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I know Gordon has other issues and the law is the law, but .01% over the limit smells of BS. I'm not sure this sticks.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I'm not trying to defend the guy, just saying I don't necessarily fall for these types of stories. Gordon is a dipchit for 60 other reasons. People shouldn't let this decide their opinion of the guy.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is where people make the mistake of thinking "oh I'm big, I can handle more alcohol than most."

They may have a higher tolerance, but one drink carries the same BAC for all individuals no matter their size.

One beer probably puts you at .04-.05 for an hour. So drink two beers at dinner and you'll be over the limit when you drive home.

A 16 oz Guinness would probably put you over the limit. 3.5% abv? I highly doubt that. Bud Light is like 4.0% or 4.5%.

The Guinness I've had was near 6.0%.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If I was pulled over I would defiantly decline blowing and demand a blood test - no matter what.

Not saying the breath thingys are rigged, but I have zero confidence in the people giving the test - just sayin'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar