Josh Gordon suspended

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBC

JBC Starter

2. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

That is the first revenue was mentioned. Football is the top revenue producer, but that is only a single measure. Football is far from the most popular and is less popular than Cricket which was the point you were arguing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JBC

JBC Starter

I wasn't talking about what sports are most popular with kids playing in the back yard. I was talking professional sports. That's what is covered by sports news. I have never seen one segment about a proffesional cricket player signing a huge multi year contract. Cricket wouldn't break into the top 10 in most popular Professional sports.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Again, the US is a very small portion of the world population and there are other countries that have professional sports. I could care less about cricket, but that doesn't mean it isn't more popular than my favorite sport, football.

5. JBC

JBC Starter

My question would be: Is Cricket one of the most popular "professional sports". I think we are talking about two different things here. I understand geography, and that a huge portion of the world's population is in Asia (specifically China, and India). I do realize that Professional Football (or football in general) isn't huge outside of North America. A better measure may be popularity by number of countries and generated revenue, rather than population, as one or two countries have such large populations that it would slant the voting to what sports are played there.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

i'm not sure if this is sarcasm or what. Global = not just the United States. Globally, Cricket is a huge sport. Perhaps just behind Soccer as the 2nd largest global sport but that is debatable.

7. JBC

JBC Starter

The question was is it the 2nd largest professional sport? There is no doubt Soccer is the world's largest professional sport. I hear and see sports news on sports like professional rugby, but have never seen anything on cricket concerning any major professional teams. I get that it is played in other countries with large populations, but is it a huge professional sport world wide?

8. Alex1939

What do you mean by "largest"? Where was this question first presented? I responded to a post talking about american football dying.

9. Alex1939

10. JBC

JBC Starter

I agree that football isn't dying, but cricket was mentioned as ranked higher globally. My question was: Is it a larger professional sport? That's what this site is about... Professional football. As I mentioned, I understand that it is a sport played in countries with large populations. Do those countries have a huge professional league that generates revenue like other sports such as soccer, football, basketball, tennis, baseball, or even rugby?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar