JR on trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan/Oiler34, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Furthur proof this class is pretty watered down

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Webster would have taken a 4th rounder and a happy meal for it.

Be happy, at have an actual GM.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Agreed. outside of the top 3-4 guys talent level really drops off IMO. But it is very deep at a few positions so guys drafted in the 3rd and even 4th could end up being guys who would normally go in the 2nd. DL, OL and DB are the sets I see as deepest. WR and RB being the weakest overall groups... outside of Henry of course... LOL had to throw that in there.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Actually not true... MW asked for a lot, and I mean A LOT. Chip's "crazy" offer wasn't even enough to take MM from us last year... So I imagine he wouldn't give up this year's pick for much less.

According FOX Sports NFL Insider Peter Schrager, Kelly stopped just short of dealing away the Phillie Phanatic, the Liberty Bell and deed to Lincoln Financial Field in exchange for the prized quarterback he recruited to and coached at Oregon.

"Last year, the Eagles offered the Tennessee Titans, and I know this: a 2015 first-round pick, a 2015 second-round pick, a 2016 first-round pick and they said, 'Take any of our quarterbacks,'" Schrager told Colin Cowherd in a radio interview Wednesday.

"That's Sam Bradford, that's Sanchez, that's whoever. And, they said, 'Take anyone on our defense. We want that No. 2 pick. We want Marcus Mariota." - NJ.com / What did Chip Kelly, Eagles offer Titans for Marcus Mariota? | NJ.com

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Actually looks like he offered even a bit more than that...

Peter Schrager of Fox Sports, speaking on the radio with Colin Cowherd on Thursday, said the Eagles offered the Titans:
    • Two first-round draft picks (the 20th overall last season and 13th overall this season),
    • A second-round pick (47th overall in 2015),
    • Any quarterback on the roster (Sam Bradford or Mark Sanchez),
    • And any defensive player on their roster.
    “… And I know this,” Schrager said.

Chip Kelly, who reportedly went after the Buccaneers’ No. 1 overall pick, as well, denied similarly reported packages.

Report: Kelly, Eagles offered haul for Mariota

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

They say the same thing

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This really would not surprise me LOL.....Kelly has been the 2010s version of Daniel Snyder.

That said, this is all water under the bridge at this point. We have MM, and I am happy with that. I like how Robinson is handling his job so far, so we will see how he handles the draft.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Webster biggest struggle in the draft is he always reached for players, he would draft them a round or 2 too early. Or in some cases he used draft picks on UFA's. FB in the fourth round still takes the cake last year. I hope and think JR will get way better value with our picks and move around the board much better than Webster

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I love Mariota, but I have to question if we should of made the trade. I would of took Bradford & Fletcher Cox. Chances are Bradford would suck behind our line, get hurt, & we'd be a top-5 pick anyways. We'd be in position to draft Goff/Went, would have _____ drafted instead of Mariota last year in the 1st, extra 2nd last year, Cox, & a ton of pick this year.

But, whatever.. coulda, shoulda, woulda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar