JR on trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan/Oiler34, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Its meant more along the lines of not having a chance to get better. If the oline is as bad, we lack WR production, have no running game, and Mariota is getting nailed every game, hes not going to have a chance to get better.

Or if he gets injured..

He will get better regardless. How much better remains to be seen and itll depend just as much on the guys around him as it will him.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're looking at it backwards IMO

Mariota will lift everyone around him up

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I disagree, nobody thought Locker was a franchise type guy when we drafted him and everyone thought at the time that we reached to get him. It was a hopeful pick at best.

VY was a rare top athlete and a proven winner but had a wonderlic score of like 3. There were soooo many question marks about drafting him and unfortunately it didn't work out. He was a straight up moron.

Mariota had the athletic intangibles, was a proven winner and had a very high football IQ. Theres a reason people were offering so much to get him, he excelled at so many things.

Goff and Wentz could still change some minds. Both are very high football IQ guys and both are reasonably good athletes. Unfortunately they just arent in the same conversation as Winston and Mariota. Nevertheless, I think there's a good chance SF trades up for local boy Goff. Not because they couldn't get A quarterback at 7, but because they might not get THAT quarterback at 7.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I had faith in Locker, and was all in on picking him.:disappointed: Not my best moment.....

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Because there are about 9 teams that could use a QB in the top 20 picks. No guarantee SD or Dallas won't take one (with Cleveland taking the other one), or several (Philly, Bears, Saints, Rams, Bills, Jets) teams that could leapfrog them for the QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would've taken the deal if they let us take any player on defense (which would have to be Cox) and another player (not a QB).

Did not want Bradford's bum ass with that ridiculous cap number. Would've rather rolled the dice with Mett back then...

Thing is... I thought this was already reported the night of the draft. Or something very similar.

I know it's technically way too early to say with 100% certainty, but I'm so glad we didn't take that trade now. Might have to actually thank Webster for that one in the future.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Just a feeling but the Rams and fisher are going to draft treadwell. Not because of his WR abilities, but because he run blocks better than Justin gage on adderal.

• LOL LOL x 5
  8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Me and a few others were thinking locker was our guy. As misguided as that may have been. So, it did happen. Maybe not as widespread as vy.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

To be fair though, the three units you just mentioned had already been improved in FA. Maybe not exactly how many of us would have looked, but JR has addressed many areas of concern. Enough that will help Mariota, along with being in his second year, make the whole offense look much better. I think the offense will look better than just the improved offense, or just Mariota in his second year. The improvement should be more than the sum of its parts.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

What else is JR going to say? Has to take a kings ransom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar