JRob Overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Terrell Pryor was a one year deal. He’d have been a plus here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That’s the spirit! Let’s go get that 8-8!

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

You're right, so what.

He didn't have a #1 pick. He had 20, 10, 11, and 2. Seems like he worked in the wrong direction for improvement but then again let the picks decide:

His first draft:
    KW
    Zach brown
    Mike Martin
    Cody sensabaugh

Stud class

His second draft:
    Warmack
    Hunter
    BWW

All gems

His third:
    Lewan
    Bishop MF Sankey!!!!!! (The most inexcusable of all picks)
    Dequan jones
    Marqueston Huff

His last(not soon enough):
    Mariota (a no brainer after Winston was taken)
    DGB
    Patousi

Just in case I missed his late round gems:
    I'll say Fowler was good in the 4th
    Williamson in the 5th was ok too, but he needs replaced.

Webster was an absolute turd. Garbage. Piece of crap. Worthless GM. Any other negative you can throw at him, he deserves.

The fact you are even remotely defending Webster as anything less than the worst GM this team has ever had (and it's not close), says something about you.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

in general Pryor would have been nice to have especially with the injuries but WR was addressed and hopefully with actual good replacements in Davis (kind of remains to be seen) and Taylor who I think is really good but is t getting used all that much.

So I don't necessarily think not getting Pryor was a miss.
    Accepting sly was a complete and total miss. Ryan wasn't a miss but it appears Bouye would have been better.
    Not really sure what we're missing out on with Cyprien. Didn't understand the signing and before he got hurt, he wasn't playing well.

5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Im not defending him. I said if one thing that came from Webster that was positive was his offseason signins. Lewan and Mariota picks are excellent as well. You cant tell me picking Mariota was a no brainer, alot of people never expected Mariota to do as good so fast into his NFL career, alot of people thought he would need time to develop. So no the pick wasnt a “no brainer”

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

What?!!!
    Mariota was argued at the time as possibly going #1. It absolutely was a no brainer to take the QB not picked #1.

What off-season signings? Walker? Orakpo? Those are the only names brought up of value and we got them because Walker was a relatively unknown who ended up being a steal and Orakpo was injury prone.

There is nothing positive about Webster. He destroyed an already bad team. He's the reason they got the #2 overall pick.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Mariota is not an excellent pick. He's a good pick but he's hardly lived up to or surpassed his #2 overall pick status.

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

And what has Jon robinson done in the offseason? A one year Murray? His offseasons are awful. Having 4-6 picks in the 1st & 2nd rounds in the last two years any GM would atleast hit. Not defending Webster but his situation was alot worst than Robinson. We should of atleast kept him in our scouting department.

9. HurrayTitans!

Really?

Conklin and Henry seem to be playing well. Taylor, jackson, Byard and Smith are all producing. Add Jayon Brown and Sims as late round production.

Logan Ryan was a good offseason signing. Ben jones was last year. Not much other free agent signings.
    That Murray guy did pretty good though and getting more OL depth out of DGB was good.

Needless to say, much better than Webster.

10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Henry doesnt look like a RB1 to me, but will agree to disagree there. Conklin was an awesome pick. Jones is a decent center & Murray was a beast last year. Logan Ryan isnt playing up to his contract

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar