Judge Halts Lockout (per ESPN)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The league is in limbo at the moment, therefor nothing is going to happen trade wise. Players can knock on the doors at their facilities, but until the league year is going, Vince remains in TN.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I dunno. I'll do a little research on the issue a little later.

The Bulls are about to close it out tonight though!!

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We've been playing like crap. Rose is shooting like 30%. Boozers D is horrrrrible and offense is streaky. Our bench has been nothing. If it wasn't for Deng and Korver we'd be down 1-3.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You gotta give it to the Pacers though, they came to play. I'm actually glad we're struggling now unlike some of the other teams. I think the Atlanta series will be easier than this one. If we can close out tonight I think we'll atleast make it to the Conference Finals. After that though I'm not sure if we're good enough to win it all.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

So with the judge ruling in favor of the players it pretty much means the owners were in the wrong right?

She ruled that what they did was illegal. Pretty strong statement.

I haven't done all of my research, but doesn't it seem like maybe the players had a legitimate argument?

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I've always thought that the players were greedy but I don't have all the facts, I think it could have been the other way around according to the judge.

7. JCBRAVE

I think it helped that the judge was a woman.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I personally think the owners are/were in the wrong. They wanted an extra billion dollars from shared revenue from the players because they said they weren't making enough money, but refused to open their books to prove their claims. Are the players just supposed to take their words for it? Would you work for less money if your boss came to you and said that your place of business wasn't making enough money if he couldn't prove it?

The owners also, along with the league, want an 18 game schedule. This is so extremely hypocritical because both have been preaching player safety for so long. So much so that they fined James Harrison $75,000 for a hit that was too rough, but yet it's ok to put players in harms way for 2 more games during the year.

There is a lot more to it than that and I don't understand everything about it, but those are the main points of contention between the two sides as I understand it.

9. JCBRAVE

The owners were wrong this whole time, but I did think the players would cave and be forced to walk away with less than what they wanted. Former players need to be taken care of too.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

screw the players!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar