Judge recommends banning 360 in the USA

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

According to Activision (or a report they put out about Bungie's game) it'll be in about a year (November 2013).

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Depends, if they 'win' and get money on each console made and sold, they'll make a crapload of money.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If for some dumb reason it did happen, they'd just discontinue the consoles, right?

They wouldn't shut down XBL and stop producing games too, would they?!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, they'll probably speed up the release of the new X-Box though.

Even though America is its biggest region, they'll still sell the games that are still to come. I don't know how it would work in a banned country though. I doubt they could stop the sale of games since I doubt they would infringe on the patent.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The entire patent system regarding software as I understand it is just plain insane. Having been through the patent wringer myself, the system doesn't make any sense. In my case, the issue was mechanical: I could not be granted a patent on a tool I invented because it was created using existing hardware and mechanical principles... this would be like never getting a patent on the telephone because it used wire....or on an engine because it's held together with bolts.

If your system code is THAT revolutionary just copyright the friggin thing and be done with it. Let the world continue to advance without being a douchebag.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah it's pretty effed up

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

While they're at it, why not just ban Game Boy's too.... That would surely make mine worth something if they're not sold in stores anymore. I could sell it for $100,000 and buy stuff.

8. JCBRAVE

So is there really a new Xbox in the works? Cause I'm on my 3rd 360 and wouldn't mind ditching that thing.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Who's buying 360s anymore anyways?

I play a dreamcast game on my 360, and a bunch of sega genesis games on my modded original Xbox. Wouldn't miss the 360.

Not as if there aren't enough used ones on every craigslist to fulfill anyone's need.

10. JCBRAVE

I'd only buy one cause they're much cheaper than before and also because my wife b*tches if I even think about playing a game of Madden in the living room. Wouldn't mind having another one for upstairs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar