Julius Jones Comes In For Visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

No, the money doesn't but, what we do this year does and every year after depending on contract lengths, and such.
    It's not like we get a another 40 mil. next year to start over with.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I definitely didn't predict that he would be a name that we would target, but I don't hate the idea.

What's this I'm now hearing about how Lendale just had arthroscopic knee surgery and was apparently in pain all last season? Is this serious at all? We're not looking at Julius as a starter, are we?

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

This would explain a lot. Also, I don't think JJ would be given a shot at the starting job. He would be a very good #2 back imo, and he might come cheap this late. If the price is right, he would be a very good compliment to LenDoughnut.

4. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

A friend of mine maintains that they said "Titans pick up Julius Jones" on PTI on ESPN this afternoon. Anyone else heard similar?

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I just watched PTI and I don't even remember them talking about the titans. If we can get jones fairly cheap then I think he's a pretty good rb. He won't be a big impact player but will provide some depth at the position.

6. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

My friend is drunk.

I would like to have Julius Jones. If we can't get some WRs, we might as well hunker down with the RB and TE game.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

AH's comments were the second story. And I remember Korn mentioning all the FA's we were bringing in. Other than that, I don't remember anything.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

My reaction as well. If there's any truth to that, we better sign a RB, or we'll be drafting another one on the first day. On the other hand, I hope Lendale's surgery went well. Maybe now, he'll be motivated to lose some weight.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well a new team helped his brother, maybe it will help Julius.

10. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

The Titans can get him for a decent price and I think that he wasn't utilized properly in Dallas, they wanted him to pound it out like marion barber but he was more of scatback like Brian Westbrook in Philly. The cowboys wanted a bruising running game and that's not Julius Jones style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar