Juno = Very forgettable.

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not sure why this movie is so praised, because it's about as mediocre as a film comes. Sometimes I think critics put too much focus on that retro/raw look a film has and forget that a good story is sometimes important in a movie.
    It wasn't a bad movie by any means. Very boring about 1 hour or so through. I'm not sure what kind of movie it's supposed to be. It wasn't funny enough to be a comedy, not dramatic enough to be drama. So I'm not really sure what they were trying to deliver here. Just a story about a girl with nothing really happening the entire movie.

It's worth a watch, but I'll never watch it again. I'll never think about it again, and why it's 93% on RT, god knows.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm with you on this. The writer, Diablo Cody, is known to be one of the most pretentious writers around, and it shows with the cutsey, silly, retro-pop script that is pandered through-out. Yes, I know some teens talk in that witty manner, but it gets old, REALLY old, quite fast. However, it's a well-acted movie with a lot of genuine talent.

Juno is this years Little Miss Sunshine, a feel-good drama/comedy that gets overrated by virtually all the critics and viewers a like.

6/10.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

except little miss sunshine was good.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gloat, what movies, shows, etc... do you like?

5. Deuce Wayne

I'm really easy to please when it comes to movies. I've only turned a handful of movies off. Only fell asleep during 2. I'm the type that usually thinks movies arent as bad as people make them out to be. (I am Legend being a recent example)
    As long as it's got a good pace and flow, I'll probably at least enjoy it. Lately a lot of boring drawn out movies (No Country for Old men) are getting so much hype, and I don't understand it. Seems like today the more boring the movie, the more appreciated. A watered down plot that lasts 3 hours is genius!

That or chopped up crap that Tarantino puts out to cover his inability to create a decent story.

6. Juno was great! I loved it.

7. Fry

:rolleyes:

8. Deuce Wayne

Uh oh. Offended a Tarantino fan. lol Your best bet is to say you like his style. Don't try to argue for his crap plots. I've seen people do it and it never ends well.

9. Fry

well, i do like non-linear type movies, not just tarantino. so his movies are right up my ally, along with guy ritchie and a few others.

however i will say death proof sucked. i also wasn't a big fan of jackie brown.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I thought Juno was pretty good myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar