Juno = Very forgettable.

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I haven't seen the movie and don't know much about it.

I overheard some friends talking about it and one was complaining that the movie glorified teenage pregnancy. I think I also heard someone bashing the movie on one of the major news channels or something for the same reason.

I was just curious, for those that have seen it, if you at all felt that way or if these people are just being prudes?

2. It hardly glorified teen pregnancy. She was, after all, seen as a "cautionary whale"...

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I totally loved Juno. It was amazing. The writer went from being a stripper to a superstar overnight.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Cool, I didn't really buy into that but I was wondering about it.

I heard it was funny like Superbad (haven't seen it) and Knocked Up (which I only thought was ok).

I'm sure I'll catch this movie at some point.

5. Either way, I doubt watching Juno is going to convince you to run out and get pregnant... :ha:

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you're expecting anything 1/10th as funny as Superbad with this movie, you're going to be majorly disappointed.
    It's not a comedy.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Juno is a comedy, but honestly, if you're not into the things she is into in the movie (like the indie atmosphere) you won't like this movie. Its a mix of Napoleon Dynamite and Knocked Up from a womans perspective. I loved it, some of the best dialogue in years. Completely underrated in my opinion.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

urgh Napolean Dynamite is the unfunniest movie I ever seen.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well yeah. There ya go. If you found Napoleon Dynamite funny, then you'll probably think this is hilarious.
    But then again, if you found Napoleon Dynamite funny, me doing laundry would be comedy gold.

I'm with gunny on this one.

10. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Nap D. made me ill, waste of money IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar