Just a reminder, or another thought.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm good at second guessing myself. No sooner do I feel comfortable with who I think the Titans will select, then I remember something that could have influence on my decision. What is it this time? Philip Rivers.
    How would the Chargers fit in to getting a higher draft pick by trading off Rivers to a team that needs a future QB? They need to turn him loose.
    I'm not sure what kind of a deal I would take, but they would surely have to sweeten the pot. A swap for our 3rd, take their (?) and give us Rivers, 2 Cheerleaders and ????

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Only way that Rivers even enters the picture is if Mac is gone. Makes no sense to re-up with Mac and then bring in Rivers to sit for another yr or 2.

But i know what you mean about flip-flopping on what we need to do to fix the mess. The only thing that I am convinced that we have to do is make a move for one of the top OLBs in FA.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Good point. If you bring in Rivers, you won't need 'One Hit Away From Retirement' McNair. You also will not need to pay McNair 10 million either.
    Rivers has played in the NFL. Young and Leinart haven't. Just a thought.
    I agree with the OLB, but I'm still hoping for a veteran WR in FA that is proven and healthy.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With Brees questionable in both health and contract, Rivers may be the #1 in San Diego next year.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

According to SD, Rivers is untouchable atm.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agree with the last 2 posts
    Rivers will likely start this year due to Brees' injury
    and Chragers mgmnt say now that PR is no longer available

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Thats the word out SD right now. Bree's people are sayin that Brees could be back in time for the season opener, which is unlikely

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

9. I don't think they would let brees go, even though they didn't make the playoffs they still had a pretty successful season.

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Rivers'll suck. He either plays next season or doesn't - 3 years on the bench (I don't care if its "nfl experience) is 3 years on the bench. Would you take a player 3 years removed from HS without playing a down in college? Its 3 years out, whichever way you look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar