Just a thought about WR and this franchise.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Out of another busted draft from this past year except maybe vince and lindale, is jonathan orr still on the team? The rookie from Wisconsin??? I see a bunch of teams using their rookie WRs. This franchise has never had a clue how to use WR. We got lucky with Derrick Mason who just played his guts out every week and knew how to get open and catch. Thanks to scum bags in the front office we made sure he was let go. Really though is Jonathan Orr even on the team? Why do we draft players and never ever use them anyone remember Darrell Hill a few years ago he was on the team 4 freaking years 4 years never even thrown to I just do not get it with this franchise they have 0 direction. Now if Darrell Hill could not get the job done then why let him hang around for 4 years now granted I have not heard his name since he was released but its just another example of miss drafted and unable to coach up anyone.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, he's on the team. he's been inactive most(if not all) of the season.

3. He's injured I think...

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

The real indictment is on Fisher..............Mason drafted in 97 really did not get a shot until late 99 and early 2000 and then it was only on ST..................In 97 and 98 FA WR were brought in and did nothing..............Mason should have been given his shot earlier....................Fisher has shown aconsistent propensity to vets over rookies despite their talent...............his rule is if you dont know your assignments you dont play..............so what we are left with is guys who are book smart playing regardless of talent.................football is a game of impact plays................everyone in Nashville knows VY is not ready for primetime but the best way for a QB to get better quicker is trial by fire................several love to point out how great it was for Mac or Palmer to have sat.................but Eli Peyton Aikman Simms Elway all played alot early and got better quicker..............look at ALex Smith..............he looked horrid last yr..............1 TD and 11 INT's.................look at him play now.....................too bad the coaching staff has no faith in younger players..................this logic is especially indefensible when the team is playing the "coaches guys" who know their assignments and are getting hammered week in and week................if youre going to lose lets do it with the future of the team not the guys who will be shown the door come Dec 31

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Smith started in only seven games last season. When the Niners came to town, the coach asked Fisher what he would do with him. His answer was to sit Smith.

Didn't Elway, P. Manning, E. Manning and Simms played their senior seasons in college?

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

if we have a chacne to get Calvin Johnson we better not pass up on him, it would really be a no-brainer even with our bad history on WR's we can cure all that up with Johnson, plus the guy is humble reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald- imagine that and David Givens we would have a great offense...

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Fitz was a better prospect than Johnson..................

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Something I was thinking earlier today.....

Marques Colston and DeMeco Ryans are front runners for ROY honors, and are playing out of their minds.

Had they been drafted to the Titans, they'd still be buried on special teams, and probably wouldn't play regularly until 2007 or later.

Sad but true.

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

^^^ I agree

thats the thing about Fisher he falls in love with veteran old, bad players- and forgets that this is a buisness and sometimes the young guy is just better, especially with Demeco Ryans, I really think he would play Sirmon over Ryans- and won't realize that Ryans is a lot better until Sirmon gets hurt one game and Ryans comes in and does a lot better and even then he would probably still start Sirmon, heck I don't even know what to think on Tulloch, something tells me we have the next Zach Thomas playing backup to Sirmon, but we don't see him enough to make a judgement

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

yep.....................the other interesting fact...........both players Colston and Ryans play for new HC who moved out incumbents for them......................that should tell you something too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar