Just an Idea - dealing with off the field issues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Players are held accountable for their actions off the field since they are players of the NFL. It's a privilage to play in the NFL.

Should organizations be held accountable for their players as well?

The Bengals are the perfect example of this. How many arrests have they had on their team in the past year? Up close to double digits.

I feel that it should be a privilage for an organization to be in the NFL as well. Maybe Goodell should look into some reprimands for teams that consistently bring players into the NFL who have poor character.

What are your guys feelings about this?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think it would certainly promote organizations taking these sort of matters into their own hands (suspending without pay, clearly written stipulations in the contract) rather than the league always being the bad guy.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he is already doing that. at least i think i heard that on nfl network.

i think it's a bad idea. at this rate you might as well not even let guys who have a record enter the draft

4. dgood

dgood Guest

I think anyone entering the NFL should be placed onto a probation period. The period will last two years in which any incidents result in a pyramid style punishment system. If they are able to make it through the two year period without making it to the top of the punishments, then they should be allowed to continue to play.

Also, any organization who takes a player with a past history then goes into a probation period as well. Anytime the player gets into trouble, the team is given a strike. After 3 strikes, the team is disqualified from the playoffs. After 5 strikes, the team is disqualified from their first and second round draft picks.

I think a system similar to this would really help mould players into better off-field people. Troubled players wouldnt be picked up which would lead to them attempting to stay out of trouble, etc.

What you guys think?

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

why start with the NFL, go back and start in college or high school..bad habits are hard to break esp. when you are not punished for them

6. Ewker is right, highschool and college athletes get away with so much more just because of what they can do on the field

7. Fry

depends on how the coach is in high school. i know my coach didnt put up with this kind of ****. we could play with a C, but we had to run a mile for every C everyday after practice until we got it up(unless you had some type of learning disability or something). anything under a C and chances are you were puking at least once a week.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so you weren't the star player eh :))

9. Fry

only played a year. i tore tore up knee and my mom wouldnt let me play again :(

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

bummer on getting hurt..moms are good at doing that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar